Reward zones remodeled,gonna resemble honeycomb heat maps

Bart McCoy

Reminds me of when a surge was a whole block/section area at first, then they changed the surges to having to drive to the middle to get the highest surge multiplier(introduction of the honeycomb heat map) I normally stayed away from the downtown mess/traffic,since I could stay on the outter side of DC and still get the same boost.I guarantee you downtown DC will pay the highest.

So like used to be 2.0 on platinum. That will probably count only in hectic downtown,and if you pick up near the line DC/MD line or like east of the anacostia river in SE, only 1.2x surge boost.....

Probably will be even trickier with hourly gurantee

Last edited:

Bart McCoy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"
We've heard your feedback and want to help you cash in even more on your Status Rewards!

You will now see multiple Reward Zones in the partner app where we've seen the highest demand for Uber. High demand means more trips and higher earnings for you. When you sign online, you'll see the guaranteed Earnings Boost rewards available for trips that begin in each of the new zones.

Like before, you will receive information about your Status rewards each week. Be sure to check your partner app to see where the hottest zones are throughout the day."

4aseason

This is crazy. How's is shrinking our reward zone helping us?
I agree, but I will stick to my usual strategy. The results should be the same. Go where the money is and stay away from where it ain't or where I may be pulled out to far from the rz. Turn the app off and deadhead back to the sweet spot if I am pulled out to far and don't want to risk my next trip not going back to the rz zone. Destination filter has failed me. And no Stools ever!!!

Last edited:

Arlington Driver

How long before they transition to having no surge outside of downtown DC? With the push to UberPool and no longer alerting riders to surge pricing with "upfront pricing" for UberX, I fear Uber is going to make it acceptable for surges through forcing riders to the Pool product when it surges if they want the lower price.

4aseason

How long before they transition to having no surge outside of downtown DC? With the push to UberPool and no longer alerting riders to surge pricing with "upfront pricing" for UberX, I fear Uber is going to make it acceptable for surges through forcing riders to the Pool product when it surges if they want the lower price.
They are already forcing pax to the pool product. I had several pax this week ride XL because they didn't want pool and X was not available, XL was their next logical chose.

t5contra

So will the rewards zone multiplier alternate depending on what the current,live demand is or will it be fixed for the week?

4aseason

So will the rewards zone multiplier alternate depending on what the current,live demand is or will it be fixed for the week?
Good question. I think it will be fixed per zone for the week and higher if zone demand calls for it.

t5contra

My prediction is that different areas will light up with different incentives depending on live demand so we are pretty much back to surge pricing

MAK

U guys got the incentives email for the next week? I usually get hourly Plat.which I hate it..