Reward Eligibiliy and Payment

Rzz17

I guess I am lucky, i just passed 2500. got the $100. and probably have a chance to buy the stock @IPO Price. which i believe it will fell a good 25% within weeks. LOL

Basmati

Stock price will most likely jump at least 10% during the first day, however it might close down and continue falling. I'm going to buy the max allowed at IPO price ($10,000) and set it to automatically sell after it goes up 10%.

Rzz17

I'm pretty sure Uber will restrict you to sell the stock for period of time if you buy on IPO Price. be careful with that. we don't make enough money to cover the loss.

Working4peanuts

Stock price will most likely jump at least 10% during the first day, however it might close down and continue falling. I'm going to buy the max allowed at IPO price ($10,000) and set it to automatically sell after it goes up 10%.
Don't hold your breath. What's your stop loss (exit strategy)? Are you going to hold it when it's a penny stock?

I had a neighbor in 2007 that had a huge profit in his house but was dead set on getting a certain price. Then it plummeted 80%. Not too smart.

His ex wife did sell the place though. 12 years later and for less than what he could have gotten in 2007.

Better know how much pain you can stand. You might just become a long term holder of Uber unwittingly.

Basmati

Worst case scenario I would just hold on to the stock. Maximum we are allowed to buy at IPO price is $10,000 and I can easily afford to lose that. The only concern I would have would be if there are any restrictions to my selling it. It is a very safe bet that during the first day it will jump at least 10%. It might ultimately close lower and continue dropping but it is very rare for any IPO to not jump at least 10% at some point during the first day of trading.
Even Lyft jumped over 20% during it's first day, and there is a lot more hype for Uber.

Working4peanuts

Worst case scenario I would just hold on to the stock. Maximum we are allowed to buy at IPO price is $10,000 and I can easily afford to lose that. The only concern I would have would be if there are any restrictions to my selling it. It is a very safe bet that during the first day it will jump at least 10%. It might ultimately close lower and continue dropping but it is very rare for any IPO to not jump at least 10% at some point during the first day of trading.
Even Lyft jumped over 20% during it's first day, and there is a lot more hype for Uber.
Lyft is down over 20% from it's ipo price. Good luck finding enough suckers to buy your stock from you over the ipo price. You won't find any.

Basmati

Lyft was up over 20% during it's first day though... If you know anything about stocks than you know people were buying it at that price. Ultimately it closed the day lower and continued to fall, but during that first day some people bought the stock at over 20% above the IPO. I guarantee you Uber stock will bounce at least 10% above IPO price during the first day, and people will be buying it. And just like Lyft, it might close lower but the closing price is irrelevant when day trading.

Baron4266

When you purchase pre ipo there some restriction that you have to hold the stop, i would take the $10,000 and short the stock. You’ll make a killing.

Working4peanuts

Haha. Uber said the bonus wasn't eligible for instant pay. Well, there it was so I cashed it out before they changed their mind.

I recommend everyone do the same. If you get deactivated, I wouldn't put it past Uber to not pay you.