Returning an Xchange Lease Vehicle - Saving Money

elelegido

Xchange says that you have to give two weeks' notice when returning the vehicle. I therefore took this to mean that I would be responsible for making payments for two weeks after I gave notice. However. I found out from Xchange CSRs that this is not the case. They told me that the billing day for each week is Wednesday. If you have the car on the Wednesday, then you will get charged for it from your Uber account the following Monday.

So, if you give notice on Monday 1st, your return date for the car will be on Monday 15th. Because of the way Xchange's billing system works, you will be billed on Weds 3rd and Weds 10th. Xchange says that this billing is system-generated and cannot be overridden by them.

The way to save money, assuming you no longer need the car, is to take the car back before the weekly rental is billed on the Wednesday. So if you give notice on the 1st and take the car back on the 1st or the 2nd, then you can close your acount with Xchange on the 2nd and billing will stop, saving two weeks' lease payments. And if you take the car back before the next Wednesday, i.e. Weds 10th, you'd save one week's rental.

I handed the vehicle back 4 days early, but after the second Wednesday. I didn't know about this Wednesday billing setup; had I known then they would have got the car back much sooner. But if you're going to give an Xchange car back, now you know, and may be able to save some money.

gofry

Good information. This is a smart decision to give the car back and prevent getting deeper into debt. I hope others will do the math and do the same, even if it means penalties.

JARD

Great info about returning the car! I need to return my car also because it doesn't make sense for my, I contacted xchange and the information was not clear on how to return. Do you have the email where I need to let them know that I don't need the car? and I am 2 weeks from my 30ndays.

Help me please and thank you.

Delivery Mr.Guy

You still lucky than me, they charge me for the rusty, the scratch paint around the car, the floor mat totally in the amount of $5,000, I used the car for only 11 months.

elelegido

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great info about returning the car! I need to return my car also because it doesn't make sense for my, I contacted xchange and the information was not clear on how to return. Do you have the email where I need to let them know that I don't need the car? and I am 2 weeks from my 30ndays.

Help me please and thank you.
[email protected]