• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Retaliation 1* Rating

So over the weekend I had a PAX leave a mess in my car. (They had an entire Yeti of Vodka spill in my back seat as they were exiting my car). I reported it to UBER and they processed a cleaning fee which was $160 charged to the PAX. Well today I looked at my rating and I have my first 1* which I know has to be from this PAX.

I emailed support on the email from the cleaning fee request and requested this rating to be adjusted since it doesn't seem fair. Does anybody know if uber can adjust this since I reported the problem first... My rating went down from 4.86 to 4.74 -_-

Just wondering if anybody has experienced this before.

Thanks!

itsablackmarket

Don't you know? It's your fault for what your pax does. It's never Uber or the riders fault. One reason why Lyft is slightly better, pax can't change ratings.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Supper annoying. Ive been on Uber for the past two years and only do it when I'm bored on a day off...... Some punk 21 year old and his or hers friend going to their friends place. Typical 10min rider "do you have an Aux cable, iPhone Charger, can you change the radio station..... blah blah blah". I guess I'll take it as it is and deal with it. :rolleyes:

Way to be on the drivers side Uber. I think if you make a complaint about a PAX and uber chargers a cleaning fee they shouldn't be allowed to leave ratings.... Uber knows they will leave a 1 if they have to pay a large cleaning fee.

Ayad

This should be part of the new rating protection policy. Customers can't downrate you anymore when they are prompted to explain their less than five stars if it is because of (surge) price, or other (pool) passengers. Don't know if getting a clean-up fee is currently included in this protection, but logic says it should.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This should be part of the new rating protection policy. Customers can't downrate you anymore when they are prompted to explain their less than five stars if it is because of (surge) price, or other (pool) passengers. Don't know if getting a clean-up fee is currently included in this protection, but logic says it should.
Completely agree. Obviously Uber could look into this if they wanted to...... They would see that I only did 2 rides before this one that night and after each ride I know I saw I received 5*s from those first two rides. Then after they charge the cleaning fee I get a 1*.... Common sense Uber its retaliation. :mad: They won't even take off the cancellation ding I got from having to cancel the next pick up since I now had a mess to clean.

Last edited:

1iquid5nake

So over the weekend I had a PAX leave a mess in my car. (They had an entire Yeti of Vodka spill in my back seat as they were exiting my car). I reported it to UBER and they processed a cleaning fee which was $160 charged to the PAX. Well today I looked at my rating and I have my first 1* which I know has to be from this PAX.

I emailed support on the email from the cleaning fee request and requested this rating to be adjusted since it doesn't seem fair. Does anybody know if uber can adjust this since I reported the problem first... My rating went down from 4.86 to 4.74 -_-

Thanks!
Uber's got some shitty pax. If you do this, you will eventually run into them. Be ready to use your intuition and cancel at the first sign of trouble.

UsedToBeAPartner

For your rating to drop from 4.86 to 4.74 due to only one 1* you must be a fairly new driver with not a lot of rides. Don't give this a 2nd thought as it's simply not worth wasting your time over. The next few 5*'s will bring your ratings back up and eventually, once you get 500 or so rides under your belt you will average out with a 4.8 to 4.9 average and it won't ever vary much from there. You are going to get more 1*'s which sucks but they are inevitable. However, you will get some many more 4 and 5 stars that the 1's won't matter.

mtcunningham

You get a $160 payout then complain about a shitty rating? Really who gives a ? The rating system is corrupt. PS vodka is the best thing to have spilled if youre going to have a spill.
Yea, Vodka is almost pure alcohol. I bet you got a buzz going home.

Elmo Burrito

If yous a white guy you ventially gone git a 1* jus fo dat. Fagettaboutit! Take your coin tada bank and laf ah da way! LMAO!

tootsie

Thanks!
It's my understanding they are not supposed to count some bad ratings. It depends on how often u get a complaint.

FXService

My question is, "Why did you even let them in the car with a Yeti full of vodka in the first place?" I assume you do not do Black Car and don't have a Limo license, so open container right there (don't quote me, I don't know TX law, but these are usually pretty universal), you should have declined to take the ride. You can smell cheap vodka a mile away. And even on Black/SUV if they're too drunk or stumbling, I cancel the trip and inform them they will be getting a different driver. It's not worth the hassle, and for you it's not worth the risk.

WonderLeeWoman

For your rating to drop from 4.86 to 4.74 due to only one 1* you must be a fairly new driver with not a lot of rides. Don't give this a 2nd thought as it's simply not worth wasting your time over. The next few 5*'s will bring your ratings back up and eventually, once you get 500 or so rides under your belt you will average out with a 4.8 to 4.9 average and it won't ever vary much from there. You are going to get more 1*'s which sucks but they are inevitable. However, you will get some many more 4 and 5 stars that the 1's won't matter.
Well said and very true! I concur!

Well said and very true! I concur!
I was working day time i was 4.91 now i am working nights 4.78.
Yep yep!