Requesting information from vets. How to qualify $6000 a month gurantee promotion.

Inshur

Tony from New Jersey

If i sign up in NYC, they are running a 6000 a month gurantee for first month. I have read the promotion details but still not clear. I have these specific questions.
1. Uber said i need to put in minimum of 50 hours a week including 15 prime hours NYC. What is the boundary line for NYC.? Is whole Queens, brooklen or LI included?
2. If ride started at 8pm from manhatten going to JFK, reached there 9. This one hour counts? Instead of coming empty, if i wait in the cell lot and get a passenger for manhatten. Waiting time counts?
3. How about the fare I got 1 going to JFK and second coming back. Both fate and money counted towards my promo month.
4. Please replace JFK in question 3 with Laugardia or EWR,

Last edited:

LGC

My advice is to ask those questions at one of the uber sign-up events.

The answers you get here are not definitive as uber can and does change the rules when they please.

Also, I recommend you have the uber rep note your Acct with the answers so that they don't say you were told something else.

Good luck!

marcusguber

Dont chase that guarantee too hard because to be honest if you just work good times youll gross 1500 in less time than 50 hours, and my understanding is that is what the guarantee is for, gross fares which means you dont get $1500 you get 1500 - commission for each of those 4 weeks you meet the requirements. I did $1700+ in gross fares in 43 hours so the guarantee wasnt needed.

marcusguber

I heard and seen it was net. $1500 after uber commission
I believe you are right after reading this again but there seems some funny wording in that which gives me pause (I bolded it), can someone who has received it possibly clear up if its $1500 to the driver or $1500 - commissions etc.

"Guaranteed amounts are weekly net fares. Net earnings are net of Uber service fee, Black Car Fund, and sales tax."

nyc321

Let me add to the confusion, I get emails all the time where it says "Start
driving for Goober now and earn $1400 guaranteed " then in the fine print
it says "50 hours prime time hours 15 blah blah and make $1500"
I think Goober is either staffed by imbecile's who are not even here
in NY or even US but somewhere in Bunglgadoo India who send these
out so you will get one unique answer from each person you ask.
I think it would be great if you can have it noted down what type
deal/promo your involved in, either in writing or in your Goober
account

Vanstaal

If i sign up in NYC, they are running a 6000 a month gurantee for first month. I have read the promotion details but still not clear. I have these specific questions.
1. Uber said i need to put in minimum of 50 hours a week including 15 prime hours NYC. What is the boundary line for NYC.? Is whole Queens, brooklen or LI included?
2. If ride started at 8pm from manhatten going to JFK, reached there 9. This one hour counts? Instead of coming empty, if i wait in the cell lot and get a passenger for manhatten. Waiting time counts?
3. How about the fare I got 1 going to JFK and second coming back. Both fate and money counted towards my promo month.
4. Please replace JFK in question 3 with Laugardia or EWR,
I'll break it down for you and hope you will understand how things work with these app companies. In the marketing world the potential client (you in this case) is offered incentives in order to purchase something (the carrot on a stick). Note that you are not a client per se but rather an outsourced working force. If these apps will notice a drop in your presence then they will deploy a "retargeting" strategy which in this case will be the guaranteed hourly incentives. These incentives are not 100% achievable as they are based on previous collected data. Another word you are the person sitting between data and the impossible. As a rule of thumb, read the fine print on the bottom.

alextheboss

I heard and seen it was net. $1500 after uber commission
Its net, I.e. Take home. Whatever your net is they will make up the difference so your pay is $1,500 in fares. Given that you meet all requirements. Tip: don't use destination filter, time on desti filter don't count

Inshur New York