1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Requesting Cross-Dispatch i.e. SUV only, Black Car only, UberXL only, etc...

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by NJDriver, Sep 13, 2015.

1. NJDriver

NJDriver

I just got a minivan and noticed that I have no ability to cross-dispatch meaning accept UberXL only. Most of the time I plan to accept both UberX/UberXL, but there are some busy nights where I would like to focus on UberXL. For example, a big stadium letting out and I would rather wait for the big group for more cash.

I sent a request to customer service asking about cross-dispatch. I got a reply back trying to sell me on accepting all fairs and at the end it stated to let them know if you are still interested in cross-dispatch. They will send in a request if I am still interested.

I sent back a note stating that YES, I was still interested. So lets see where it goes.

The purpose of me getting the minivan was to stay busy. I know there are times where you are just sitting there and it would be great if I had more flexibility. However, there might be times where I just want to focus on UberXL...

2. ED 117

ED 117

Driving:
    UberX
    Please can u explain how cross - dispatch exactly will work for a UberXL. Thanks.

3. NJDriver

NJDriver

Well lets say for some reason I just want to accept XL. XL rates are a little bit higher so its an advantage.

I figured a few scenarios like a big game letting out or maybe Im the only one online late at night. I can go online as XL only. People would have to make the decision of taking the XL or Black or nothing at all waiting for an X to become available. Lets say 3am and someone needs to get to the airport. They will hit xl if its closest and available. So I would like to have that option.

Black cars pull this trick in Jersey. They wonder around in places that are not well served. People are forced to choose 3 per mile rates because X isnt available.

In NYC X comes out to 1.50 per mile net and 2 per mile net. In NJ X its 90 cents per mile net and XL 1.40 per mile net.

ED 117 likes this.
  4. There is no option to only do XL in NJ. Other areas have that option, NJ does not. In order for you to be Black or SUV, not only does your car have to be no more than 5 years old and be black on black but you have to be associated with a Limo company and the car must be registered to that company.

5. NJDriver

NJDriver

Uber will let you go online with Black or SUV in NJ and I think CT too if thats your status in NYC. I did see this summer an NY TLC Suburban pull up to pick up a group of teenagers at the shore. I knew they were Uber because they told me. I was there to pickup another group.

It was in Pt Pleasant.

6. Tony from New Jersey

Tony from New Jersey

Driving:
    UberX
    were you able to resolve this issue? I am trying to become a black but it scares me that I have to take all Uber x calls too. I would not have any choice. I live and work in Nj part time. if they allow me, I could have a nice car for my family and drive few days (black only). I am not interested driving at 1.10 period.

7. NJDriver

NJDriver

You must take all calls. I got the email stating there was no way to separate it. I will make another post about the Lexus ES300H that will shed more light.

8. Tony from New Jersey

Tony from New Jersey

Driving:
    UberX
    They had done this before and all drivers registered before has this choice available to them. For new drivers they are not offering this choice. They might want to limit the black and SUV drivers. It would be nice to get an SUV for 1.10 per mile. Haha

9. NJDriver

NJDriver

NYC cars have to take all calls, but NJ cars not sure. Uber/Uberxl are a package just like Black/SUV. In any event, you need OL or TLC plates for Black

10. Alex12

Alex12

Driving:
    UberX
    And i was thinking to get a ES and go black, thinking that I will switch to X only when I want to. No way is worth it to drive Black at 1.10/mile. Uber is going down. We need to be ready because I have a hunch that Travis prepares a new surprise for X.

11. NJDriver

NJDriver

If you want to do Black in NJ you either need to get OL plate with 10000 in insurance per year or TLC plates at 5000 per year in insurance. This has been talled about ad nauseum on this board for the last year. Its not an occasional thing.

Getting TLC is not too hard but OL is impossible. You need to bribe a politician.

12. Tony from New Jersey

Tony from New Jersey

Driving:
    UberX
    I know that and I was going through the process to get TLC license first then TLC plate so I could get a black car. Mostly I would drive in nj unless customer take me to New York But now with this info I will get the TLC license only and explore some other opportunity. Because I do not want to destroy my expansive car for 1.10.

13. NJDriver

NJDriver

If I might inquire where do you think you can go online in NJ and when to pickup Black Car rides?

14. Tony from New Jersey

Tony from New Jersey

Driving:
    UberX
    I do not have black car so I have not explore this yet. However EWR could be a possible location.

15. NJDriver

NJDriver

What would be your deployment strategy at EWR? What times would you go?

Im just saying to think about it before putting down cash. Did you know TLC changed their standards to 7 model yeats from 5? Now you can get a 2 to 3 year old vehicle like a Lexus and still have a bit of time. You too would be putting down at least 500 per month as a Black car driver and you would have to really work at it to find fares. No waiting at home foe the call.

Many here make fun of Uberx rates but you have zero expenses besides gas. A limo or taxi company pays a lot lot more in ways of insurance and admin costs.

I made 350 dollars this week from Uberx.