Request When You're Ready - !!2 Min rule

laureb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber rule is for the pax to be in the car before you slide . Well I have slide a few times without pax being in the car but it's at your own risk . The issue is more that if the pax put the wrong address what will you do .. Lol

Uber Suggests that a 5 min gap applied . When you are at the pick up location wait 5 mins if after 5 mins pax no show, can trip with reason pax no show and take $8 net for you . If you cancel befor you won't get any . I always note the time I arrive , wait 5 mins then cancel. I have made 40 $$ in one day jus with that for doing nothing

LevelX

Question while we waiting for the Pax , do we slide it to start trip how does uber work out how long we are waiting for Pax to get in the car ?
Only start the trip when the pax is in the car, as once started you can't cancel with a 'no show'. So if at the wrong address, or the pax does a no show etc, then you'll be stuffed and can only end the trip for a min fare trip $6 minus uber fees.

Its also a no no from Uber and can piss the pax off and that leads to a bad rating. Its 32c a min, minus uber fee minus GST. Its really not worth it for the 20-40c extra you'll get to start it early.

32c - 25% Uber - GST = 21c/min for you the driver.

So when you arrive, start a timer, after 5 mins, cancel with a reason no show. You'll get $10 (minus uber fees). Then drive away and don't accept that ping again if they request again in the next few mins. As it'll be a instant 1* rating.

sporadic

The last pax that made the $8 was a 4.3 pax on a non-surge. Only took it because I was right around the corner and was gambling that a 4.3 pax would not be ready. And I was right, pax did NOT appear in 5 min. Took the $8 and went home. Saw the trip history later, would've netted about $8 driving pax to destination as well, but which was further away from home. Had a previous ping that I took just around the corner from a pax, $8 ending to that as well. Happy to no-show any day.

Love those just-around-the-corner pings. Pax is usually never ready to go.

Also had a butthurt 4.5* who was looking at his app from his apartment, seeing that I was on the street based on the GPS but not getting notified by the pax app that I had arrived. 4 min of me waiting and he calls me and says he's coming down. On hindsight, shouldn't have picked the call, I would nowadays reject calls from non-surge pax. Obviously from an apartment the lift is gonna take more than 1 min. No-show and disappear with $8. He calls Goober to complain because he's butthurt about being charged $8 for not appearing in 5 min, saying that I told him I was gonna wait (maybe that explains why he was 4.5). Goober actually calls me up too, and I give them some good ol' polite reasoning with some prepared excuses :biggrin:

LevelX

Saw the trip history later, would've netted about $8 driving pax to destination as well
Love those no show jobs..... its like YES wise choice to do a no show, but also had the reverse as well.... its like NOOOOO that was a really looooong job!

LevelX

Yeah but it's like $4....... any stop watch app will work.

The clock app has a timer and stop watch function built in too for free

laureb

Yeah but it's like $4....... any stop watch app will work.

The clock app has a timer and stop watch function built in too for free
$4 wisely spent . i just downloaded it and love it

laureb

Regarding timer
On iPhones - my girl Siri will do this for free.:biggrin:
'Hey Siri -- start 5 minute timer'
The timer has some additional functions that can make your life easier . go check it

LevelX

$4 wisely spent . i just downloaded it and love it
I've looked at it. It would work well, but I dislike the floating timer all the time, I don't want paxs seeing that I have a timer running on the screen etc.

I'm cheap, I use this instead https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=toplab18.app.simpleststopwatch2

Just adjusted the colours so not as bright etc. Its just a stopwatch app. I multi task between apps on arrical, start stopwatch and then come back to it when I need to see how long it is. One tap to start it, one tap to stop. Long press to clear back to zero.

I don't use a timer that beeps, incase the pax gets in the car and it goes off as I forget to stop it. Again less questions asked the better.

I don't start the stopwatch every trip. You get a feeling for jobs after a while. Like when its dark if you rock up and the front light is on, then most of the time they will be on time. So don't bother starting it. But do glace at the time just in case.

Hey Laureb, have you used the text part of the Rideshare Timer APP yet?
I'm wondering this myself too. As my 'pax' SMS mobile number moves around a bit between a few different numbers, so its not as clear as setting up a single SMS number.