Republicans to cut uber drivers life line

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's almost as bad as Trump. Bernie should have taken this one , America needs a new direction
Only problem, Bernie didn't get the votes. Hard to be president if you can't get the nomination.

Of course McConnell is vowing to oppose something. That's all he does. But I will say this, the bill as proposed will give people almost 38k (calculated for 12 months) just to sit at home. I think most of us make more than that driving. But without all the hassles that come with driving, it will be a hard sell to bring most drivers back. I'll have to see if I want to return after this initial week of re-opening. If there are not spikes, then I'll go back. If there are spikes, then, nope.

joebo1963

Only problem, Bernie didn't get the votes. Hard to be president if you can't get the nomination.

Of course McConnell is vowing to oppose something. That's all he does. But I will say this, the bill as proposed will give people almost 38k (calculated for 12 months) just to sit at home. I think most of us make more than that driving. But without all the hassles that come with driving, it will be a hard sell to bring most drivers back. I'll have to see if I want to return after this initial week of re-opening. If there are not spikes, then I'll go back. If there are spikes, then, nope.
right now there are rides but not nearly as many as before the lockdown.....what I am fearing is that when the extra $600 ends and drivers collecting stops and those hit the road then it will be really slim pickings for everyone...

TheDevilisaParttimer

Okay just got to say this. Biden's biggest problem is he is too old. Biden is 77 now, he is too far removed from his prime as it is.

Both Trump and Hillary was pushing the age boundaries at 72. One of the reasons Trump got the nod was he was fairly robust for a 72 year old so people looked past his age.

Had Trump been 77 I don’t think he would have made it to Hillary. Republicans would have chosen a different candidate.

UberChiefPIT

38K to sit at home and do absolutely nothing, is the equivalent of about 60K driving full-time. If I have to explain why, then you don’t drive full-time.

DeadHeadDriver

Only problem, Corp. Wing Dem. Party will NOT GIVE UP THEIR BRIBES/donations. Corporate Super PAC Money talks, good ideas walk.
Bernie didn't get the votes. Hard to be president if you can't get the nomination. when party who's nomination you are trying to win refuses to accurately count the votes. When those 'results' can amended before releasing them? That's computerized voting for ya!
P.S. & to the Senate Majority Leader from KY [Jelly state] McCunt-onelll: Go Fuack Yourself!

Last edited:

Valar Dohaeris

Okay just got to say this. Biden's biggest problem is he is too old. Biden is 77 now, he is too far removed from his prime as it is.

Both Trump and Hillary was pushing the age boundaries at 72. One of the reasons Trump got the nod was he was fairly robust for a 72 year old so people looked past his age.

Had Trump been 77 I don’t think he would have made it to Hillary. Republicans would have chosen a different candidate.
The Dems have nobody to blame but themselves. The party of diversity had four years to come up with a decent candidate to beat Trump. The best they could do was Old White Guy #1 who is losing his mind, and has a history of sniffing hair and touching women from behind. And Old White Guy #2 who screams at the clouds and wants to give everything away...just not any of his three properties, mind you.

The Republicans are far from perfect. Trump is deeply flawed, and despite the economy soaring (pre-Wuhan Virus) was beatable. The Dems fu*ked around and the best they could do was come up with Sleepy Joe. Suddenly, we no longer "believe all women", do we? The Dems are deplorable.

ColdRider

Sorry the republicans are being realistic.

Why get unemployment when you as an independent contractor contribute nothing to unemployment insurance? Many of you drivers also proudly boast how you pay 0 in federal income tax because of your accounting manipulations and deductions you take advantage of.

Give nothing, get nothing.

Bobbyk5487

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
right now there are rides but not nearly as many as before the lockdown.....what I am fearing is that when the extra $600 ends and drivers collecting stops and those hit the road then it will be really slim pickings for everyone...
Yep..i haven't had no stimulus..i been driving this entire time and I'm making money because it's literally only 5 of us at the air port now...once drivers get back on the road we'll be living off $20 a day
Post automatically merged:

Why get unemployment when you as an independent contractor contribute nothing to unemployment insurance? Many of you drivers also proudly boast how you pay 0 in federal income tax because of your accounting manipulations and deductions you take advantage of.

It surprises me how conservative a so vendomly

I just don't understand how conservative are ok with giving the rich boat loads of money but are against giving poor people anything...Mcconell didn't say one word about business owners and these million dollar grants that was disperse must easier that unemployment

Last edited:
There is no chance in hell. Biden is senile and getting worse every day. On top of that, he's a sex offender. On top of that, he's a Democrat. The survival of this nation depends upon our voting Democrats out of public office at ALL levels of government.
[/QUOTE
Have some dignity, Biden has not been charged so he is not a sex offender as you have stated. At this point the allegations are on a similar level as the allegations by the 13 year old who accused Trump and Epstein of rape. The Tara Reade case was moved to inactive by the DC police.Use whatever intelligence you have to realize why she made the allegations as soon as he became the democratic nominee for President. I will spell it out for you-she wants to sell her story and cash in. Read this completely and you will know she is a con artist.https://ascammersnightmareisjustice.blogspot.com/2020/04/tara-reade-legacy-of-lies-part-one.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR1CbJUinOCsn_PZQs86BJqYD-LjPljW5lyVuQ7t7N-EzidPxX3vuofEdX4

Status
Not open for further replies.