reporting weed tourists

SuzeCB

Kind of curiosity question overall... If it's legal in the state you live/drive in... Then what exactly can be "reported" on you. It's legal...
If a pax gets in and smells it, they'll think the driver was smoking in the car, and they may report for impairment. That's the problem.

Driver really can't explain the situation to the 2nd pax because they probably won't say anything to the driver, only to Uber after the ride is over, and because if they do mention it, any explanation the driver gives will sound as if s/he "doth protest too much".

SuzeCB

Sprinkle some baking soda on the rugs and seats. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so, then vacuum it all up. Then spray a good dose of Ozium and shut the car up tight for 5 minutes or so so it can do its thing.

Transeau

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sprinkle some baking powder on the rugs and seats. Let it sit for 15 minutes or so, then vacuum it all up. Then spray a good dose of Ozium and shut the car up tight for 5 minutes or so so it can do its thing.
I'll give it a try. Heading down to the store for Ozium right now.

Transeau

That should’ve been the first thing you checked for.
Didn't see it because of the floor mat. I just checked the seats. Would have been great if it landed inside the weathertech mat, but it was just outside where it was crushed and ground in. Hoping that SuzeCB's cleaning method works.

Merc7186

I dont give a rats rear end if you smoked weed before you got into my car. I roll down the windows after every ride regardless of season or smell.

If you make me wait outside because you are smoking weed, thats a different story....

DNM3K

I'd rather that than a backseat full of tweakers, or that one guy who you immediately know he don't know how you scrub clean that booboo and that stink will stick to your seats.

Inconsiderate of them? Yeah, but if they were courteous and didn't cause much of a fuss, and they're on vacation (not that it should give them a free pass, just like if we acted the fool on vacation in the Caribbean), but it's legal, like alcohol and cigarettes. That's like getting a couple who drank a bottle of wine at dinner and you're their ride home and you can tell they got a good buzz going, or someone who stinks like french fries from their full-time gig.
People living life, being relatively responsible, enjoying life and a nice convo with you? That sounds like a good ride.

If anything keep in mind you're someone's designated driver, you're keeping people who maybe shouldn't be on the road, off the road.

Reactions: MHR

Transeau

Thanks for the tips everyone. I vacuumed up the dirt weed (the shit was old and dry as hell) rubbed in the baking soda, let it sit, vacuumed again, then Ozium, and all good. Did another $150 in runs tonight and no one said anything about a smell.

Clearly they stopped at the nastiest weed shop in the area and got sold some garbage. If they had asked, I would have taken them to a nice high end place and they could have picked up some disposable vape pens. Oh well :smiles:

Seamus

So, as I've stated in some posts before, I'm a very open cannabis user. I don't know if I should be labeled a stoner/pot head/etc, as I don't smoke during the day, at all.

Anyway, i'll happily take the stoner title. That said, when a stoner tells you that you stink of weed, you know it's BAD. So this morning I picked up a couple from a local hotel. They were from Oaklomaha here for vacation and fully admitted that they chose California because they could try smoking weed. Well holy shit they overdid it. It was a pretty short drive so I just took them rather than kicking them out. Gave a 1 star, mostly because the smell was so strong that it gave me a headache.

So, what's the correct way to inform Uber that these riders were REALLY f'd up and smelled REALLY bad? Like they just hotboxed a closet for an hour.
Wow, I wouldn't report anyone to Uber for weed smell, downrate them, or kick them out. What would you expect Uber to do? I don't like the smell, but that is what Ozium or Zep smoke spray is for.

Transeau

Wow, I wouldn't report anyone to Uber for weed smell, downrate them, or kick them out. What would you expect Uber to do? I don't like the smell, but that is what Ozium or Zep smoke spray is for.
I hate out-of-state tourists that come to california because of our very lackadaisical laws. All they need is a government id that proves 21. CA doesn't check that it's real, and doesn't even keep a record. So they come here, buy the cheapest nastiest smelling dirt weed, then hotbox so they reek of it 20' away, and act like entitled a-holes.

So yeah, I 1-star them. I have no issue with any in-store stoners, as long as they are clean. (I don't like the lazy dirty rank smelling stoners. they give the rest of us a bad name) Hell, I even have 50% coupons for my favorite dispensary that I give to anyone that smells like weed. Except tourists.. :smiles:

Ubingdowntown

So, as I've stated in some posts before, I'm a very open cannabis user. I don't know if I should be labeled a stoner/pot head/etc, as I don't smoke during the day, at all.

Anyway, i'll happily take the stoner title. That said, when a stoner tells you that you stink of weed, you know it's BAD. So this morning I picked up a couple from a local hotel. They were from Oaklomaha here for vacation and fully admitted that they chose California because they could try smoking weed. Well holy shit they overdid it. It was a pretty short drive so I just took them rather than kicking them out. Gave a 1 star, mostly because the smell was so strong that it gave me a headache.

So, what's the correct way to inform Uber that these riders were REALLY f'd up and smelled REALLY bad? Like they just hotboxed a closet for an hour.
Wow you admit to partaking and then you also rat!!!!

UberBastid

am i the only person in the world who actually likes that aroma?
i would never downrate someone for any smoke smell, be it cigs, cannabis, or campfire.
i have ozium and windows that roll down.
I'm with you.
It seems that tv commercials have convinced Americans that if you can smell someone - that's bad. I don't find many smells that humans put off offensive - that most people do. The smell of a ripe woman, you know ... pheromones, is a real turn on for me. The smell of a human who has been working hard and sweating ... is not a turn off to me. THAT'S just the way humans smell.

Now dirty is something else. Unwashed crotch, arm pits, dirty feet ... ugh. But if you are clean, but smell human, well, so what? That's what you are.

And pot? I like the smell of fresh harvest. Yum. I wish I could find perfume. The smell of a ripe bud, or flowering of the sativa strains .... sweet. Better than a rose.
I enjoy a variety of tastes, colors, and smells. I enjoy all of my senses.

pismire

No, you do not get to wear the stoner title. GTFO