Reporter seeking Lyft drivers in D.C.

Martin DC

Media
Hello Lyft drivers (and those who drive for both),

This week I interviewed Lyft's D.C. general manager for a story I am working on about how the company is quietly going about its business in Washington while Uber struggles with driver discontent and PR disasters.

The Lyft GM predictably painted a mostly rosy picture about how the company is doing things differently (than Uber), cultivating a good relationship with drivers, getting along with regulators, etc.

I would like to speak to Lyft drivers (or those who drive for both) about your experience with the company.

I cover transportation for WAMU 88.5 in D.C., and have been given permission by the site administrator to post these threads on the site. My Twitter is @MartinDiCaro

If interested in an interview, please email me at dicaro at american dot edu

It won't take up a lot of your time.

Martin Di Caro
WAMU 88.5

yankdog

Martin I used to do media work for advocacy groups myself. I think drivers would want to know if this is on or off the record? Purely background? I don't drive for LYFT yet so I could not help you unfortunately.

We are a salty group here but a thoughtful one at that. So don't take any angry comments (not directed at you) personally. A lot of good folks here who feel at times both companies are exploiting both drivers and passengers.

Thanks and good luck.

Last edited:

SOLA-RAH

LOL, Martin...go to the corrals at DCA or IAD and do interviews for days. Anyone who's a decent Lyft driver is also a decent uberX driver and both TNCs pay their drivers at the same rates. It mostly all comes down to whoever is offering the bigger carrot that week.

yankdog

Guys be nice to Martin. He is a legit reporter and has covered the D.C. area for years.
Yep Martin is well known and a pro let's do what we can for him. We complain all day here so let's talk to him if you drive for both. Esp if it is anonymous or background where you won't be identified or quoted

Mammoth

Hello Lyft drivers (and those who drive for both),

This week I interviewed Lyft's D.C. general manager for a story I am working on about how the company is quietly going about its business in Washington while Uber struggles with driver discontent and PR disasters.

The Lyft GM predictably painted a mostly rosy picture about how the company is doing things differently (than Uber), cultivating a good relationship with drivers, getting along with regulators, etc.

I would like to speak to Lyft drivers (or those who drive for both) about your experience with the company.

I cover transportation for WAMU 88.5 in D.C., and have been given permission by the site administrator to post these threads on the site. My Twitter is @MartinDiCaro

If interested in an interview, please email me at dicaro at american dot edu

It won't take up a lot of your time.

Martin Di Caro
WAMU 88.5
If it’s not Martin Di Caro! I drive ve for both. What would you like to know?

Chapindc

If it’s not Martin Di Caro! I drive ve for both. What would you like to know?
I'm not di caro, but I'm batman

Screen shot of earnings showing #hrs worked
Is prime time behaving as usual or is it copying boober tendency to b fake, get it unexpectedly or just not there as it use to before the raise in booking fee?
Do they upfront price like boober pool heads?
Is lines better overall than boober toilets?
We eagerly await ur honest response