Reported app for TLC violations

pvtandrewmalone

That's nice, except the New York TLC has no jurisdiction to tell anyone what they can or cannot do in New Jersey. Once they cross that bridge, the TLC car is no different from any other New York plated vehicle operating in the Garden State. As much as we may like it otherwise, there is no New Jersey Law preventing an out of state driver or car from operating a rideshare here.

Similarly, it's illegal to possess marijuana here in New Jersey, but legal in Colorado. I would get arrested by my local police if I smoked it in my backyard and the neighbors ratted me out. However, the NJ government cannot stop me from flying to Colorado and smoking it once I get there.

Why is this such a hard concept for this forum to understand?

Last edited:

BusinessAsUsual

easteuropeboy

You being a rat would be applauded by alot of ppl on here except Uber isn't giving point to point trips to Uber X and XL tlc drivers anymore.. Know what's going on before posting garbage trying to rat out ppl in .93 cent land .. it won't help surge ..
How do you know?

BusinessAsUsual

Spoken like a true TLC, you mental midgets/TLC’s, still get point to points in NJ. Know your facts before opening your mouth alright Corky from life goes on.
Do you have a TLC? Do you know someone with one??? It's really easy to come on here calling names but tell me this.... Did you contact Uber and ask them??? They'll confirm. .. have facts please.... most "Mental midgets" get real money working for a base and doing black/SUV only... not .93 cents a mile like you..

I believe there is no more p2p for black/suv drivers that goes to OL
This is not true man. Lol

1NYC1

Do you have a TLC? Do you know someone with one??? It's really easy to come on here calling names but tell me this.... Did you contact Uber and ask them??? They'll confirm. .. have facts please.... most "Mental midgets" get real money working for a base and doing black/SUV only... not .93 cents a mile like you..

This is not true man. Lol
Lol, arguing with you will get us nowhere, I don’t drive for this company anymore. It doesn’t take a genius to realize you’re being defrauded by these app based companies. Hey if you enjoy being screwed, might as well do it with a smile . And the fact that you believe what Uber tells you, well, that simply shows your mental capacity, Uber on!

BusinessAsUsual

Lol, arguing with you will get us nowhere, I don’t drive do this company anymore. It doesn’t take a genius to realize you’re being defrauded by these app based companies. Hey if you enjoy being screwed, might as well enjoy it. And the fact that you believe what Uber tells you, well, that simply shows your mental capacity, Uber on!
If your not driving anymore why are you trolling the forum??? Also I don't have to believe anything uber has told me... I have a group of over 25-30 drivers I know that can tell you it's true as well as myself as I live in NJ...them taking the guesswork out it accepting the XL ping is great... Most TLCs that live in NJ or drop off in NJ only want a ride that will let the pax pay the toll...learn and then talk to me... You're slacking

reg barclay

(I might be wrong but the way I understand it is like this: ) The TLC has no rule that it's drivers cannot do point to point in NJ or anywhere else. What they have is a reciprocal agreement with other local authorities which regulate taxis, whereby TLC drivers can do prearranged pickups from those localities to NYC in exchange for which taxis from those areas can do prearranged pick ups in NYC back to their local area. So in theory if a TLC driver does a point to point prebooked taxi ride in one of those areas they cold be ticketed by local authorities. My guess is that if they're operating as a TNC (rideshare), not as a Taxi/Limo, then these rules wouldn't apply because (AFAIK) the NJ TNC legislation contains no rules prohibiting out of state TNC's doing point to point rides in NJ.