Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Report on the news about Lyft driver falling asleep

2K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Rakos 
#1 ·
A passenger at night shot a video of her Lyft driver falling asleep and hitting rumble strips. It was on tonight’s news here in the Dallas area. What was aweful was Lyfts answer. They offered her a $5 coupon for her next ride. She showed her message screen on the news. Shameful.. so her life is worth $5 to Lyft. I believe that a boycott is definitely in order.

#22 ·
Driving sleepy is scary. I fell asleep once on the DC beltway. Side of car scraped a pole, opened my eyes to see a second pole dead-center with my car (was on a curve). I have really good reflexes, so I was able to yank the wheel fast enough upon waking to just have the pole rip up the passenger side of the car. Car was only a year old. I won't drive on no sleep anymore.

#23 ·
A passenger at night shot a video of her Lyft driver falling asleep and hitting rumble strips. It was on tonight's news here in the Dallas area. What was aweful was Lyfts answer. They offered her a $5 coupon for her next ride. She showed her message screen on the news. Shameful.. so her life is worth $5 to Lyft. I believe that a boycott is definitely in order.
I think I'd be trying to keep him awake rather than concentrating on videotaping him running off the road with me in the car.

Millenial? God forbid they ever put the phone down and actually DO something.

#29 ·
I have had a Taxi driver in Peru fall asleep on me before. It was me and my mom in the car late at night and we were on the freeway and he fell asleep on a curve I grabbed the steering wheel to steer the car while my mom was yelling at the driver to wake up. Now I always make it a point to talk to my drivers especially late at night.

#30 ·
Don't fault him...

He IS from Allen Tx after all...

You see they are all a bit spacey....

I should know I grew up out there ..8>)

Rakos
View attachment 309325
Never tire with the apes eh? Do you own pet Apes or something? Of course a driver will fall asleep when the pay gets so low that with rate cuts he now has to work double or triple the time just to make the same.

#32 ·
Never tire with the apes eh? Do you own pet Apes or something? Of course a driver will fall asleep when the pay gets so low that with rate cuts he now has to work double or triple the time just to make the same.
Well....being a simian...

AND....driving for Uber...

I came to this site...

Expecting to find more of the same....8>O

And you know what...

Uber will let pretty much anybody drive...

So there MUST be a lot of apes...

Driving for Uber....8>)

As for the pics...

I have a very large family tree ..8>)

Rakos
Smile Orangutan Primate Natural environment Jaw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.