Repeat strike on the 17th of May (Friday) and then the first Friday of every month

Strike every month until RC’s stop treating us like ?

• Yes

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Llib07

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Strike talk comes on every DAY on this forum now. This is getting desperate and pathetic.
I quit Uber Eats last year so I don't have to deal with Uber anymore.
No this is genuine once we finish on the 8th we will continue on the 17th of the same month and then the first Friday of every month after that. Striking will affect their service levels and they will lose more money especially as words gets out that they are abusing drivers.

amazinghl

No this is genuine once we finish on the 8th we will continue on the 17th of the same month and then the first Friday of every month after that.
I fail to see the point. If Uber is a company that is into MAKING money, that might matter. But Uber doesn't care about loosing money. Use google and search for Uber and Profit and see for yourself.

The only way to win is not play their (rideshare) game.

Llib07

I fail to see the point. If Uber is a company that is into MAKING money, that might matter. But Uber doesn't care about loosing money. Use google and search for Uber and Profit and see for yourself.

The only way to win is not play their (rideshare) game.
That’s easy to say not to play their game but they were the ones disrupting this industry. Hopefully they will fail soon but in the meantime they should be fair to their drivers. Uber are losing money because they believe in the future they will destroy all competitors and then they will make monopoly like profits. That’s called delusion. So why should we as contractors roll over and allow us to lose money as well.

Eugene73

That’s like saying Walmart should care about it’s cashiers, or McDonald’s should care about it’s burger flippers. Better chance of a snowball surviving in hell.
JMO

jgiun1

I'd rather honestly strike against Lyft first .....they are quietly taking Uber's ideas and crunching more pockets of drivers earnings and people who lease cars to drive.

In.my market Lyft takes almost 11 cents a mile away from driver per mile and then after 60 rides, gives back only 85-90% of the theft and happily call it a "bonus"......at no time time before the lease do they me thin the rate card change.

Llib07

I'd rather honestly strike against Lyft first .....they are quietly taking Uber's ideas and crunching more pockets of drivers earnings and people who lease cars to drive.

In.my market Lyft takes almost 11 cents a mile away from driver per mile and then after 60 rides, gives back only 85-90% of the theft and happily call it a "bonus"......at no time time before the lease do they me thin the rate card change.
I think it’s a strike against both

Whynotsteve

I reckon we hit them on the peak time every Friday until they listen, I am not sure what the USA is like on a Friday but down under it’s a very busy day for Rideshare
The reason labor strikes work is because ALL labor strikes until demands are met.

This is basically a small percentage of drivers taking every Friday off.

Thanks from the rest of us!!!

And before you say well we aren’t making any money. No actually, you are just bad at it.

Llib07

The reason labor strikes work is because ALL labor strikes until demands are met.

This is basically a small percentage of drivers taking every Friday off.

Thanks from the rest of us!!!

And before you say well we aren’t making any money. No actually, you are just bad at it.
If you’re making good money then obviously you are not a Uber driver so why are you here.

240BIGWINO

No this is genuine once we finish on the 8th we will continue on the 17th of the same month and then the first Friday of every month after that. Striking will affect their service levels and they will lose more money especially as words gets out that they are abusing drivers.
LOL. Genuine? Who is this "we" you speak of? You and a few drivers you chat with online? Come on pal, there are 1.4 million drivers you and your ideas are meaningless.

Llib07

LOL. Genuine? Who is this "we" you speak of? You and a few drivers you chat with online? Come on pal, there are 1.4 million drivers you and your ideas are meaningless.
You can spread the word there are thousands of drivers here and I bet the majority of those 1.4 millions drivers are inactive or not driving any more. Maybe you can contribute instead of saying what can’t be done.

240BIGWINO

You can spread the word there are thousands of drivers here and I bet the majority of those 1.4 millions drivers are inactive or not driving any more. Maybe you can contribute instead of saying what can’t be done.
Thousands? Really? Don't you notice the same 30 or 40 handles over and over?

Llib07

OK instead of telling people what cant be done,
how about telling people what can be done.
This is only one place and there are other avenues in which you can spread the word.
Instead of trying to win this argument and making it self fulfilling how about telling any drivers you know.

Last edited:

240BIGWINO

OK instead of telling people what cant be done,
how about telling people what can be done.
This is only one place and there are other avenues in which you can spread the word.
Instead of trying to win this argument and making it self fulfilling how about telling any drivers you know.
Nothing can be done. You are competing for a wage with illegal immigrants and then complaining about receiving an immigrants wage. Problem is you.

Reactions: CTK

Llib07

Nothing can be done. You are competing for a wage with illegal immigrants and then complaining about receiving an immigrants wage. Problem is you.
They are not illegal and the wages are now below even what they require.