Repeat cancellation, different account

LyftUberFuwabolewa

There's a particular apartment building complex where I've had a lot of issues with riders. It's the Harmon Cove towers in Secaucus NJ. There's a particular ethnic group that is highly represented there and all the problematic riders have been of that group. Just sayin'.

So today I get a pickup. I arrive and the "rider" texts me "where are you, come to tower 1". Well that's where I was. The "rider" adds "the ride is for my wife and daughter". Here we go. I can see the no-car-seat cancellation coming.

Sure enough, out comes mom with a toddler. I explain the drill. She asks me to cancel. I say I can after 5 mins or it affects my cancellation rate. She cancels. I drive off. I call the company and get us unpaired for future rides.

A minute later I get a ping at the same location with a different name. There are thousands that live there. I figure it's someone else.

I arrive at the pickup and guess who walks out? She says "You again?" and I say "Do you still not have a car seat?". Then she says "why did you accept the ride?" and I say "because if I don't it affects my acceptance rate".

She then says "that isn't nice". I suggest that "asking a rideshare driver to break the law isn't nice".

I'm not sure anyone's mind was changed.

I called the company and ask to be unpaired from this account as well. I said this person is obviously a repeat offender and just keeps calling for rides till they get a driver that will break the law.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

Not that it would have made much difference, but, "I accepted the ride because the name was different so I did not know that it was you, again."

Third party rides are far too frequently more trouble than they are worth.
Yeah, I thought about saying that too, afterwards. But had the 2nd ride request come through with the same name I STILL would have accepted it.

When I was still green are used to feel sorry for the riders breaking the rules and once I canceled on them I would shut off the platform the cancel happened on and switch on the other. Then I grew up. I realized THEY are the ones breaking the rules, THEY are the ones screwing with my business, why should I be the one that suffers.

One time I had a Latino family in a park that had too many riders plus an infant with no car seat. I repeatedly accepted their XL pings and repeatedly collected cancellation fees. I was following the rules, they weren't.

mbd

There's a particular apartment building complex where I've had a lot of issues with riders. It's the Harmon Cove towers in Secaucus NJ. There's a particular ethnic group that is highly represented there and all the problematic riders have been of that group. Just sayin'.

So today I get a pickup. I arrive and the "rider" texts me "where are you, come to tower 1". Well that's where I was. The "rider" adds "the ride is for my wife and daughter". Here we go. I can see the no-car-seat cancellation coming.

Sure enough, out comes mom with a toddler. I explain the drill. She asks me to cancel. I say I can after 5 mins or it affects my cancellation rate. She cancels. I drive off. I call the company and get us unpaired for future rides.

A minute later I get a ping at the same location with a different name. There are thousands that live there. I figure it's someone else.

I arrive at the pickup and guess who walks out? She says "You again?" and I say "Do you still not have a car seat?". Then she says "why did you accept the ride?" and I say "because if I don't it affects my acceptance rate".

She then says "that isn't nice". I suggest that "asking a rideshare driver to break the law isn't nice".

I called the company and ask to be unpaired from this account as well. I said this person is obviously a repeat offender and just keeps calling for rides till they get a driver that will break the law.
Once you get a cancellation, turn your app off and drive away from that place.

Another Uber Driver

THEY are the ones screwing with my business, why should I be the one that suffers.

One time I had a ..... family in a park that had too many riders plus an infant with no car seat. I repeatedly accepted their XL pings and repeatedly collected cancellation fees. I was following the rules, they weren't.

Precisely.....they bought those shuffles. You might want to read this topic.

The Original Poster, @dctcmn , did something similar. His thoughts were similar to yours. They were breaking the rules, why should he suffer the consequences? This is one of the problems with the Uber Trolls, Uber Shills, Uber Thralls, Lyft Camp Fire Girls and Uber Boy Scouts. They think that we should suffer for the customers' misdeeds. WRONG-0!!.......NOT sorry, either......................

IR12

“You again” priceless! I would have gone offline after the first fiasco & gotten out of that area before going back online.

Stop letting you AR rent space in your head.

LyftUberFuwabolewa

It showed a different rider. Even if it didn't I gladly accepted the $5 cancellation fee for half a mile's driving. In my market the no-car-seat and no-show cancellations add up nicely. It's all about the Benjamins baby.
Post automatically merged:

Why?
Post automatically merged:

You might have been following the rules, but you were being a dick.
Or they were being "that"? Since they can come across our border illegally, get a driver's license with no testing or proof of who they are, can drive without a license anyway, get a job with a bad or illegal SSN, get free welfare, food stamps, healthcare, schooling and in-state college, given all that, why shouldn't they be able to break seat belt laws, vehicle occupancy laws and the ride share companies' policies, right?

No, I'm supposed to go offline, miss their cancellations fees as well as other rides, all to be nice to people breaking the rules and laws. Got it. Thanks buddy.

Last edited:

dctcmn

I don't care about AR, I care about seeing trip duration on the ping, so I'll do what I have to in order to keep that. So far, seeing trip duration on the ping has grossed me $3-$5/hr more on my weekly average.

Accepting multiple re-pings boosts AR quickly with little time investment. Every 20 passenger cancellations earns me the ability to turn down 3 money losing rides and those 3 extra declines are gold.

SuzeCB

But if you're working a quest, like Uber WANTS you to do, you can't turn off the app or ignore the ping....

Driver's not being a dick. The pax is. And Uber is facilitating and encouraging the cancel fees.

Tony73

Just look at the area you’re in... Avoid!

Bonmot

Uber announces a new service line called "UberBoomer".

Your cranky old driver will not take young kids, with or without a car seat.
Riders should be prepared to hear a lot of Led Zeppelin and Grateful Dead on the sound system.
Complain about anything and you're out on the curb.

Steven Ambrose

Some riders are not that educated. They simply don't get that we can request to not be paired with them again. Where I live, there are not as many drivers and riders get very concerned about getting one starred. In major cities, it never a big deal, but if you are in one of those underserved areas, it can be bad.

As for your story, I don't get what they expect. They act like they are the only people that use ride share ever.

Another Uber Driver

Uber announces a new service line called "UberBoomer".

Your cranky old driver will not take young kids, with or without a car seat.
Riders should be prepared to hear a lot of Led Zeppelin and Grateful Dead on the sound system.
Complain about anything and you're out on the curb.

...............and your complaint is__________________________________________?