1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Repairs, repairs...

Discussion in 'New York City' started by Uberboyz, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Uberboyz

Uberboyz

Driving:
    UberX
    Ok, guys, Im finally got got into a minor accident (on that crappy Essex ->Delancey street detour). A guy was standing on double parking with front wheels turned. I didnt see that the wheel was out and...scccrrrrshhhh. Driver and passenger doors look like crupled paper a bit. I have two questions: Can you recommend me a reliable AND not overpriced repair shop in BK and will commercial insurance (Hereford) cover that damage due my claim or is it better pay out of pocket to avoid insurance cost raise? Thank you in advance;)

2. Mr.NYC

Mr.NYC

Driving:
    UberX
    Awesome job and the price is even better. This is who I take my show car to.

Attached Files:

3. aluber1968

aluber1968

You have a deductible of $750 or more. If the damage is within that range or a little bit more, don't make a claim.
    You don't want to make a claim and receive nothing or a few hundred dollars.

4. Hurry up and fix it b4 pax reports the damage and u get temporarily deactivated for invalid vehicle
    (Happened to me a couple weeks ago)

5. JoeJoseph

JoeJoseph

Driving:
    UberX
    FIX-IT-YOURSELF if you report and go through that process you will suffer in the long run.

6. Jack's Autobody a few blocks off Linden Blvd & Ave D

7. Uberboyz

Uberboyz

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks, buddy. Will call them tomorrow;)

8. Hamza collision on Coney island and cortelyou has pretty good price. If you're on budget, he's the guy to go. I got my car repaired for 700 when 2 other repair shops quoted me 2800 and 3500. The car didn't look top of the line but hey at least I saved 2k+.