Renting out my 2008 Prius

KingPeter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saw that. Just wondering if there is demand for it. Also looked at hyrecar

Freebyrdie

Yikes.....would never turn my car over to a stranger to drive......that opens up a whole new can of insurance worms. For $35 a day put in two hours driving, put the money in your pocket and your car doesn't have to be run into the ground by somebody else. It's like the difference between owner occupied home and renters.........renters will never show the care for property the way the owner does.

How does this work?

I mean, I get that Hyrecar has its own insurance, and so does Uber/Lyft, but I take the car has to be insured anyway? I mean, states mandate that cars have insurance, and i's not like one can say "it's ok, my car is uninsured because Hyrecar and Uber cover it". This creates another question.. it's not like you will get personal insurance for a car you'll be using for Hyrecar right? What then, commercial insurance?

Thinking about renting my Prius for $35 a day here in LV. Wondering if there are enough drivers interested.
Smart guy, youll make more off it than doin it yourself. haha.. What about maintenance and break downs? who pays? you? then your back to square one or negative..

KingPeter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It has actually worked out well. I have two cars that have been on the road all month. Will be adding a third this week.