• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Renting Cars to Uber Drivers???

Inshur
Hi, Good afternoon, i am looking to invest in a few cars to rent them out to Uber Drivers, and as i am very new to this market i have a few questions:

1. Can i partnership to Uber so they can rent my cars? they do this?

2. In NYC, if i have an LLC Company that are the propietor of the cars, do i have to get a TLC Drivers License? i will not taxi.

3. What its the process to register my LLC and wich licenses do i have to get to get my cars registered?

4. Any advice on this practices?

Best Regards,

Leo

Ez2dj

Uber doesn't offer car rentals. They have deals with rental companies.

If you are doing uber you need a tlc license. And yes uber can make payments to your llc. My rental company made it out to mine. You have to supply your business tax id and routing info to the rental place.

Uberman8263

Uber doesn't offer car rentals. They have deals with rental companies.

If you are doing uber you need a tlc license. And yes uber can make payments to your llc. My rental company made it out to mine. You have to supply your business tax id and routing info to the rental place.
Your cars will be trashed before you get your money out of them.

Douglas

I do not plan to buy the cars, but lease them.

Its a good option to rent, how much do you pay weekly? and what kind of car do you rent?
Good luck with that. You will never be able to rent the car for more than you will lease it for. After insurance, TLC fees, registration...the expenses add up quickly. FYI, there is no get rich quick scheme in this business.

Also, I think you technically need a brokers license through TLC to rent LEGALLY rent the vehicles, I could be wrong

drbrkln

As far as I understand, you form a black base LLC get your TLC license, get your/LLC's cars registered, plated, insured, associated with Uber... etc, and have people who will rent your car from you/LLC be added to the insurance. Only will work if the cars will be leased by you under a LLC's name and you are thinking of bankrupting that LLC when the leases are up, otherwise leasing companies will hit you with over the limit milage, I think it is like $0.25/extra mile. Say your lease is $250/month, insurance $600/month (registration/plates $1000 upfront). You can rent it out for $400/week...$$750 "profit" (but could have other expenses)....Within a year your lease term's allowed milage will be used up, next year 35,000 miles (busy Uber driver puts on the car, at least) x $0.25= $9,000 in extra milage, so only will make $9000 the first year, and nothing after, that if you want to stay clean, in case of bankruptcy you get to keep all the "profit" for the term of the lease.

uberboy48

Are we able to do this In Miami?

I know there isn't a uber system in Miami for fleet partnership but without uber are you able to rent out uber cars in Miami?