• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Reno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bauberon

I'm here but not on the road yet. Did they make people in Reno to drive all the way to Vegas to get inspected? Uber support keeps sending me the link to get inspected there even though I live in Sparks. I'm surprised to see cars on the road already here since I've been getting the run around for like 4 months now.

Just_A_King

What's happening everybody.. Any Reno folks here?
Just moved from TX to here, waiting for my license so I can start my UBER application. I've been reading the forums. A lot of people are saying stay away from college pick-ups due to the low rating and high level of shenanigans the student give. I came from working at a TX Uni. I probably will heed that advice lol.

Just_A_King

S
I'm here but not on the road yet. Did they make people in Reno to drive all the way to Vegas to get inspected? Uber support keeps sending me the link to get inspected there even though I live in Sparks. I'm surprised to see cars on the road already here since I've been getting the run around for like 4 months now.
do you know if they are still making people drive to Vegas for inspections.... :?

408gent

S

do you know if they are still making people drive to Vegas for inspections.... :?
I don't think they would make you. I think it would just be a free inspection if you went down there, but they would let you know. I don't work in NV, but that's my educated guess.

Bauberon

Well they emailed me:

Thank you for reaching us about your TNC Permit.

Unfortunately we don't hold any activation center in Reno for the Nevada TNC Permit, I can only suggest the Partner Activation Center in Las Vegas.

It might be a long drive but it will be all worth it, I assure you. Just don't forget to bring the following requirements:

• Your 2005 or newer 4-door non-salvaged vehicle
  • Your NV driver license
  • NV registration
  • NV insurance
  • A voided personal check (or banking info) to set up direct deposit!
To get the directions, just click here

Hope this helps you getting active to drive with Uber! If you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach me.

Best of regards,

Karl

getanzt

Yikes... I am very interested in driving for Uber here in Reno, but I just don't think I can justify going all the way to Vegas for a sticker! Anyone know if they plan to have an activation center in Reno, or perhaps be able to mail the stickers like I have seen them do with some other cities??

So I take this to mean that everyone who is active in Reno has gone all the way to Vegas for the sticker??

Bauberon

No. They had an event at GSR but I didn't have my car new yet so I guess I missed out on that. I was trying to time it right when they launched I would be ready. But they sent me vague answers even saying "That's a good question". So I just had to keep bugging them until I found out what was going on. I even got on the uber passenger app and found a driver to ask how they got activated and that's how I found out about the GSR event. Sucks because I was following so closely since they passed the bill and had decided to do it right then. Now it's been a month and I'm still not on the road yet. I do have my car now so I'm driving to Vegas Thursday and I'll keep posted how it goes. I'll most likely burst my Uber cherry down there to pay for the trip! BTW, I have a facebook group for Northern Nevada Uber Drivers If anyone is interested. I'll post more on there once I get up and rolling!

Just_A_King

Update, they have an inspection center in downtown.

Uber Activation Center-Jiffy Lube

1055 S Rock Blvd Sparks NV 89431

FREE INSPECTION

TUE10:00 AM - 04:00 PM

WED10:00 AM - 04:00 PM

THU10:00 AM - 04:00 PM

FRI10:00 AM - 05:00 PM

SAT10:00 AM - 05:00 PM

PLEASE BRING: Your Car · Proof of Insurance · Vehicle Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.