1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Removed myself from Uber eats.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by corniilius, Mar 20, 2017 at 3:54 PM.

1. corniilius

corniilius Member

After spending over an hour for a grand total of $12 this weekend and wasting 45 minutes on one delivery the previous weekend for a 20 minute wait while the establishment completed the order, I went to a green light station and removed myself from Uber eats. Let another suck, I mean, driver deal with it. Wasn't that bad when it first started out and we were getting paid better for deliveries, but now it just impedes my earning potential.

negeorgia and Lantawood like this.
  2. Fatmanwa

Fatmanwa New Member

In my experience I made less doing just eats through the official Uber app. But tips were great! But I am not sure I want to do eats again, parking is always a hassle, and certain restaurants are too.

3. corniilius

corniilius Member

I don't like having other people effect how much time I am willing to spend on a delivery. If I'm coming for a pickup, I expect the order to be packed up and ready to go when I get there. It's a logistical issue more than anything else that uber needs to work the kinks out of. It takes 20 minutes for a pizza to be made. Don't send out a ping until it's halfway done. Then there's the parking issue. If drivers are forced to walk for more than five minutes to avoid getting a ticket or their vehicle towed, then that establishment shouldn't even be on Uber eats in the first place.

negeorgia, Bpr2, Dback2004 and 2 others like this.
  4. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It should be priced like this:
    Restaurant hands food to driver waiting in the car outside or they can choose to pay $5 for the driver to come inside to pick it up.
    Customer picks up food from the car or pays $5 for the driver to deliver it to the door.
    No need to tip, it's truly included.
    That's up to $7.50 extra for the driver after Uber commission per delivery.
    5 minutes wait time on either end or it's a no show.

Lantawood and corniilius like this.