Reminder to check your cars well!

joeyoey

So, I was cleaning out my car today & found two things in the backseat...an umbrella...& drugs! Nothing "bad" but something that's a schedule II substance & definitely not something I should be riding around with without a prescription. I tend to worry about things way more than I should but this is the kind of thing that makes me worry about driving for Uber. It could just as easily been a bag of coke.

So, in addition to looking for left behind cell phones & wallets, I have to really check the backseat for stuff like this. Ugh.

joeyoey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I've done the 1 star for trash too. I'd take away stars if I could for slamming doors. Biggest pet peeve...ever for me. lol

Rcmp

Newb here. 2 days in with uber and nothing left behind.... Yet. I hope who35s list is the worst I have to deal with :smiles:

UTX1

If someone leaves an empty bag behind, I'd be kinda angry.
(maybe 'cause it's empty)

However, if the bag was full of dope, well, I'll have to think about it.
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'd probably get over it, given enough time.
Right thing to do would be forgive them of their sins and pray for them.

I would be high as hell though :biggrin: quacked up as a baseball bat, I swear....

elelegido

So, I was cleaning out my car today & found two things in the backseat...an umbrella...& drugs! Nothing "bad" but something that's a schedule II substance & definitely not something I should be riding around with without a prescription. I tend to worry about things way more than I should but this is the kind of thing that makes me worry about driving for Uber. It could just as easily been a bag of coke.

So, in addition to looking for left behind cell phones & wallets, I have to really check the backseat for stuff like this. Ugh.
As an Uber driver, you have plausible deniability if confronted by cops for weed etc found in the back seat

UTX1

As an Uber driver, you have plausible deniability if confronted by cops for weed etc found in the back seat
You have a valid point. With no priors, one could likely sell it (the story, not the drugs).
I just think it's a good idea to find it before the cops find it. They're not always so understanding.:frown:

joeyoey

I don't always check after every ride (b/c occasionally rides are back to back) but certainly on slower nights I check after every 2 or 3 rides. I even keep a small flashlight in my glovebox now to check real good & always check at the end of the night. Just the other day I found a set of keys under the seat. No clue who they belong to.

wk1102

I asked a cop about this. He said technically it's our car, we're responsible for what is in it. He also said said they aren't idiots and most of the time don't want to arrest someone wrongly. He did come out and say we would be okay, but he said we'd be okay. Of course, this is one cop's opinion, and if you get a cop in a bad mood... well you could be charged if anything is found in your car. You'd probably beat it in court but who needs that hassle?

If i suspect anyone in my car is carrying anything illegal I let them know I cannot know anout it or ill end tje ride and that I will have no problem throwing them under the bus is anything happens so they need to keep their shit on them or hidden where ever it is until they get out of the car.

Here's my list:
  • Wallet
  • ID
  • Weed
  • Potato chips
  • Bottled Water
  • Cell phone
I've found
a 1×1 bag of i suspect x-tasy
one vicodon (a few days after the x)
A wedding ring
An unused sealed Condon
A drivers license.
A hat.
Oakley sunglasses.
Has one phone left but theyou called 2 minutes after I dropped They tipped well originally so I was happy to return.

The wedding ring the bride called me at
7 am. I dropped her at 3am, not at her house. The ring fell out of her purse. LOL.
I didn't see it at first. Got it back to her a few days later. No tip. :/

Oh and first trip Sat night, a purse. First time riders, they tipped me originally and for returning.

Oh yeah I had a guy drop what looked like a gram of coke in the front seat. I saw it when he got out, I started to pull away, I saw his fat ass chasing me
I was going to haul ass but I changed my mind. I let him get it. No tip.

Who35

I asked a cop about this. He said technically it's our car, we're responsible for what is in it. He also said said they aren't idiots and most of the time don't want to arrest someone wrongly. He did come out and say we would be okay, but he said we'd be okay. Of course, this is one cop's opinion, and if you get a cop in a bad mood... well you could be charged if anything is found in your car. You'd probably beat it in court but who needs that hassle?

If i suspect anyone in my car is carrying anything illegal I let them know I cannot know anout it or ill end tje ride and that I will have no problem throwing them under the bus is anything happens so they need to keep their shit on them or hidden where ever it is until they get out of the car.

I've found
a 1×1 bag of i suspect x-tasy
one vicodon (a few days after the x)
A wedding ring
An unused sealed Condon
A drivers license.
A hat.
Oakley sunglasses.
Has one phone left but theyou called 2 minutes after I dropped They tipped well originally so I was happy to return.

The wedding ring the bride called me at
7 am. I dropped her at 3am, not at her house. The ring fell out of her purse. LOL.
I didn't see it at first. Got it back to her a few days later. No tip. :/

Oh and first trip Sat night, a purse. First time riders, they tipped me originally and for returning.

Oh yeah I had a guy drop what looked like a gram of coke in the front seat. I saw it when he got out, I started to pull away, I saw his fat ass chasing me
I was going to haul ass but I changed my mind. I let him get it. No tip.
I saw you post and forgot to add glasses and hat!

tohunt4me

They didn't call and ask you to drive 30 miles to return it for free ?

joeyoey

haha, no. It went right in the trash. I'm not sure who the umbrella even belongs to so it stays in the back as a backup in case anyone needs it. lol