Uber Drivers Forum banner

Rematch to Launch in Sydney

6K views 118 replies 38 participants last post by  The Reaper 
#1 ·
Airport Rematch to launch in Sydney

White Font Gesture Line Screenshot

See less See more
#36 ·
So what does this tell us? Uber getting complaints from pax re drivers calling and then cancelling? I've spoken to pax who went thru 4 cars to get a trip. Also pax who go straight to taxi ranks! The pickup times can also blow out when the traffic is heavy and a car coming down the ramp will get to pickup sooner. Looks like I am going to have to develop a strategy once I get to those northern beaches :) SD Bundeena!

#37 ·
A few things.

1. Yes the cage cesspool will be "flushed out" :poop::poop::confusion::p:biggrin:

2. It will become a Rolling Cage!
Drivers will circle and do never ending loops within Airport drop offs.

3. Drivers will be clogging and parking in streets such as Sixth Street (where Ansett Catering & Ansett Airfreight used to be/ Now McKenzies).

4. They will now have to employ more FAC/Syd Airport Corp Parking Enforcement officers as all the back streets will be choc-o-block full of drivers in holding patterns! :sneaky::poop::rolleyes::p

5. As with all things in Uber - enjoy the beginning making money with rematch, as later every clown will of caught on! :rolleyes::poop::roflmao::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::biggrin::biggrin:

#47 ·
Let them wait, whilst we cleanup in surge zones.

Rematch only happens after dropoff within a 2 minute window, if you reject no more rematch
Also , no rematch if there are no pax waiting or exiting terminal
Do you wait for 2 minutes after the drop off ?

Have you seen the message in the Uber app? Is your account in good standing, in terms of airport cancelations?

FYI in here @Keith007 :smiles:
I never called or cancelled pax in the airport.
My cancellation rate 2% (485 completed trips, 5 cancelled).

Attachments

#46 ·
I put desitination as sydney airport got a trip to int airport i didnt get a rematch is because i was on the destination mode and i coudnt remove it
Do you guys know how to remove after the trip
Remove destination before you get to airport geofence if you want rematch...
Set destination does not work inside geofence, so no rematch for you...

#48 ·
Its easy to fluff around for 2 mins after a drop off. Just like taxi drivers do with receipts/change.End trip ASAP. If you don't already, help paxhole with luggage and take your phone with you..... just make sure you switch off your engine when touching your phone. Then be a good FUber driver and check for potential lost items left on the backseat of your car. That should be an easy minute or two before you pass the point of no rematch.

No rematch? Get the pluck out of the airport ASAP.

#56 · (Edited)
The Fake Airport Motorbike cop has got his work cut out for him! :laugh: :p:eek:-o:

Now with the New CAGE being a "Mobile Rolling Cage"!
he's trying to keep up and go with the flow!

As now - all the Uber Drivers are catching on!
and do
The never ending loops, laps & circles of the Airport.

As they park in Sixth Street at Domestic.

And also revolve round-&-round
at
Cooks River Avenue in International.

It's making Fake cop motorbike-boy's Head Spin! :roflmao::roflmao::laugh::p:biggrin::sneaky::wink::rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::eek::eek::roflmao:

#58 · (Edited)
Had my first rematch this morning at International. Dropped off my pax at 6.29 and got a trip immediately to Parramatta. At that point there were 90+ Uber X in the queue ahead of me. Poor buggers, but it felt great! After the Parramatta drop off, had 4 little local trips around Parra, and then came back to the 'core' area empty:frown:. How do the airport dwellers make any money?
Penelope had 2 x immediate Rematch at T1 yesterday (Sunday morning).
First trip to Haberfield and second trip to Balmoral.
For second Rematch around 830am, queue was 121-125....
Definitely agree - it feels great!!

From UK site. The logic is flawless....

Why we made this change
  • Although we appreciate that longer wait times are frustrating, Rematch has been put in place to improve the overall airport experience. It means that if you receive a trip going to the airport, you have a better chance of going back with a trip, without having to wait for one in the queue.
  • We are also improving the rider experience, by reducing their wait time. With rematch, a rider has to wait only a few minutes before their driver meets them, as the driver would likely be in the terminal, near the pick up and drop off area.

#61 ·
When I asked ola staff about rematch last year at one of their bbqs they looked at me as if I was on drugs. At that time uber had it set up in Brisbane. Rematch makes a lot of sense and looks like uber is the only one doing it? If so big advantage to them.

Cage dwellers are not only screwing up the uber queue, they are adding to Olas as well and Olas system does not recognise their 'loyal' drivers in the geofence. Ola and bolt need to implement rematch asap. I avoid the airport like the plague now.

#68 ·
To the right of the selected destination are three vertical dots. Touch these and you have the option of removing the selected destination.

View attachment 330320
This seems to be a new pain-in-the-butt unfeature. you used to be able to remove destination st any time, but when the option to remove doesn't show, you gotta go OFFLINE and then back online

#72 ·
Looks like a glitch in the app,
Same happened to me,
Wasted time in q 11-15 at INT and 90 cars,
Waited 45 mins for zip, left and lucky a Ola SUV job came...

Reactions: PP
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.