Uber Drivers Forum banner

Rematch to Launch in Sydney

6K views 118 replies 38 participants last post by  The Reaper 
#1 ·
Airport Rematch to launch in Sydney

White Font Gesture Line Screenshot

See less See more
#5 ·
How will they choose who gets bumped to the head of the queue.
High acceptance rate?
Low cancellation rate?
Has Anyone here been bumped to the head of the queue?
Look at https://uberpeople.net/threads/uber-introduces-rematch-at-canberra-airport.286320/ for examples, basically, if anyone drops off at the airport when airport is busy, you'll get a stacked job to priority pickup :smiles:

Shame for the cage mafia who are busy calling/cancelling/GPS-spoofing/'breaking down/driving away, etc. :rolleyes:

#18 ·
Was thinking the exact same thing.

I also wonder if many drivers will drive slowly at the drop off point hoping for a rematch. At peak times, this could add to the already bad congestion for all vehicles, not that FUber would care. Time will tell and I hope I am wrong.

#23 ·
Well got my first rematch and I love it, sucked in to the 100 drivers still in the cage

View attachment 329569
View attachment 329570

Got xl Darlinghurst to Dom,
after dropoff 1 minute later exiting the ramp
Dom to chatswood
?
I got rematch within minute or two aftet drop off pax. It was good long trip ($45).No slow driving or any other dramas! There 80+ driver in cage.
Lookslike cage would be empty in a week! And may be airport surge would be back!

#24 ·
So Uber has realised cage dwellers are not of much value to them. Nice way to try to flush some out of the waiting area and out to shorten pick up times in nearby areas.

Is there any minimum duration/distance of the incoming trip to be eligible, picking up tight asses avoiding airport rail fee from Wolli creek might become worthwhile

#29 ·
Had my first rematch this morning at International. Dropped off my pax at 6.29 and got a trip immediately to Parramatta. At that point there were 90+ Uber X in the queue ahead of me. Poor buggers, but it felt great! After the Parramatta drop off, had 4 little local trips around Parra, and then came back to the 'core' area empty:frown:. How do the airport dwellers make any money?

#30 ·
How do the airport dwellers make any money?
Maybe they are following the advice of the posters here saying its not how much money you make per hour, but how much money you make (regardless of hours). I don't subscribe to that point of view, but it appears there are a few here that do.

#35 ·
Get into Airport's Macca this arvo for toilet. Queue was 96-100.
Then I decided to get lunch break as well. Finish lunch, the queue was 41-45. Thinking that was not bad, I stayed in the cage.

Big Mistake!

An hour later still 21-25. People are intense, got a fight as well. ??

Within a week the cage will be filled with less ants!
That's the thing with rematch now , during that hour there would have been dropoffs from drivers and they be getting rematch , like I did ... hence the cage q would be moving very slow...

If Dom q has 50 cars, you need to add at least 30 cars on top of that to get a true representation of the q waiting times now.

Sunday afternoon will be interesting to see how rematch works , lots of dropoffs and pickups
Potentially more rematch at Dom and cage blowout times ?

Reactions: why not
#32 ·
Well got my first rematch and I love it, sucked in to the 100 drivers still in the cage

View attachment 329569
View attachment 329570

Got xl Darlinghurst to Dom,
after dropoff 1 minute later exiting the ramp
Dom to chatswood
?
SWEET!!!!!!!!

It's only right that drivers actually driving get priority over the ones sitting on their arses waiting...
I think Uber got this one right....OMG did I just say that :smiles:
I agree, this is a far more efficient system.

#33 ·
I luv rematch,
Got another today , cage 90 cars sucked in...?

You need a new strategy for airport now
Just can’t rockup to cage and wait.
Or you wait 1-2 hours easy during the day.
If 30 Dom dropoffs in 1 hour, that’s 30 rematch jobs taken from cage dwellers

Reactions: why not
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.