• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ReMatch at SAN

squeaky_ride

Check your email.

Could be good for those of us that don't mind drop-offs but don't want to sit in the pen (especially since they've expanded it, resulting in bigger queues with longer waits).

We'll have to see. I believe the success of this one is hinged upon how the developers made it.

Don't swim in pools

In theory this is great for me. Plenty of times I drop off at the airport when it's very busy and the que moves quick anyways. I assume this is kind of gonna put you in 1st place ahead of the que and if someone orders a ride you get dibs. We will see.

squeaky_ride

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got it myself. So basically after dropping off we can wait around for 90 seconds for a request? Who decides if we get a ping or not?
Well, not quite "wait around."

From the email: "After dropping off a rider, there will be a 90-second window where you could be re-matched with another rider for pickup.

Per SAN rules, if you're in the terminal and don't receive a request within 90 seconds, you must exit the airport."

They say one reason for ReMatch is that it will reduce traffic congestion. Waiting around won't offer that. Not sure, but moving the drop-off/pickup might help with that. Cabbies won't be happy about this.

Wombat7

The 90 seconds is an interesting touch. I've never timed it but I suspect that a fair number of my airport dropoffs happen in less then 90 seconds, starting from about a couple of hundred yards from either Terminal and ending when you get back on Harbor Drive from either terminal. A one-pax drop is pretty quick about 90% of the time.

The new pick-up/drop-off points.... that will be interesting. Both pick-up and drop-off in the same place? It seems to me that this has a tremendous fustercluck potential.

UberEsq

The 90 seconds is an interesting touch. I've never timed it but I suspect that a fair number of my airport dropoffs happen in less then 90 seconds, starting from about a couple of hundred yards from either Terminal and ending when you get back on Harbor Drive from either terminal. A one-pax drop is pretty quick about 90% of the time.

The new pick-up/drop-off points.... that will be interesting. Both pick-up and drop-off in the same place? It seems to me that this has a tremendous fustercluck potential.
Did I misread something? Seems to me drop offs are still anywhere. Pickup locations are changing.

Wombat7

Did I misread something? Seems to me drop offs are still anywhere. Pickup locations are changing.
As I read it, it looks like we'll be doing both pickups and dropoffs at the "transportation islands" in both T1 and T2. Which is why I'm thinking this will create a bit of a fuster....

I suspect this is supposed to reduce vehicle traffic where the normals drop off. We shall see.

Safe_Driver_4_U

I am thinking The rematches will be DT shorties. If that becomes the norm I will need to find a way to refuse the rematch. Will we have the option in App to refuse the rematch?

Safe_Driver_4_U

The UBER manager at the meetup told me the way they plan to solve the shortie problem at SAN was with re-match. I will refuse all rematch.

7Miles

ACTUALLY,
Lyft been doing it to me since at least few weeks ago. I was VERY surprised to drop customer off with Lyft and immediately pick other one at the same terminal. I thought it was a Lyft app flaw but it kept happening to me.
It was convenient to me and the passenger because I was right there . However if I was in the bull pit 2 miles away waiting for a rider while some inconsiderate driver smokes next to your car even so there are designated places to smoke away from your car, I would be pissed .
But nobody knows and it’s quick to pick up next rider.

Poopy54

ACTUALLY,
Lyft been doing it to me since at least few weeks ago. I was VERY surprised to drop customer off with Lyft and immediately pick other one at the same terminal. I thought it was a Lyft app flaw but it kept happening to me.
It was convenient to me and the passenger because I was right there . However if I was in the bull pit 2 miles away waiting for a rider while some inconsiderate driver smokes next to your car even so there are designated places to smoke away from your car, I would be pissed .
But nobody knows and it’s quick to pick up next rider.
Same here with lyft, but it was during the Christmas rush week, think I had 3 during that week

Foxy Flameheart

I used google street view to try & figure out where the new zones are, as the diagram they gave us was wtf. T1 seems to have us designated where the shuttle buses are? I hope to god they moved them. A pic of what exit we need to take would be nice. I hope they have signs. Ive never gone into those sections, the entrances seem easy to miss, esp T2. Not sure how wide those lanes are, but I hope we all dont have to sit boxed in til the whole line moves. And ugh, just when we finally got most of the customers trained on where they need to go.

Wombat7

I used google street view to try & figure out where the new zones are, as the diagram they gave us was wtf. T1 seems to have us designated where the shuttle buses are? I hope to god they moved them. A pic of what exit we need to take would be nice. I hope they have signs. Ive never gone into those sections, the entrances seem easy to miss, esp T2. Not sure how wide those lanes are, but I hope we all dont have to sit boxed in til the whole line moves. And ugh, just when we finally got most of the customers trained on where they need to go.
Just take her slow when you go in the first time and ignore the honking behind you.

Remember that T1 is the outer island and T2 is the inner island. ( Or is it vice-versa???). You'll be fine.

Foxy Flameheart

my main thing is I hate having to circle around like a fool looking like Im padding my fare or dont know what Im doing when there is a pax in the car. But youre right, itll be second nature soon enough. I am wondering if it will be better in a way. The end of the upper deck can be really ugly in the early am crunch. I always feel like some kind of zen airport whisperer that Ive managed to avoid an accident up there for all these years. I dont know why on earth they dont send the shuttle buses to some other designated area for their dropoffs.

Wombat7

my main thing is I hate having to circle around like a fool looking like Im padding my fare or dont know what Im doing when there is a pax in the car. But youre right, itll be second nature soon enough. I am wondering if it will be better in a way. The end of the upper deck can be really ugly in the early am crunch. I always feel like some kind of zen airport whisperer that Ive managed to avoid an accident up there for all these years. I dont know why on earth they dont send the shuttle buses to some other designated area for their dropoffs.
I'm an early AM driver too. I'm thinking of do a drive-thru reconnaissance before the airport is open one of these mornings before I start in my day.

I wanna avoid that deer-in-the-headlights look on my face on my first live go around.