• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rematch at CLE

Roger in Canton

Had my first Lyft ride to CLE in a few couple month. Yesterday got ride from Orrville to CLE and on the way turned on last ride (hate them adding paxs)! As I got within a couple minutes, I remember you guys talking about rematching, so I turned it back on. Dropped the guy of at #2 departures and before I finished got a pax at #6. Didn't notice till I was making the loop that he was in departures, no arrivals. Is it that messed up in arrivals that paxs go to departures?

Anyway he went downtown, I sent destination to back south. Got and Uber back to the airport (not what I was hoping for). So, Uber and Lyft were within $.30 of each other, but Lyft tipped. Not used to that!

tjuber

Is it that messed up in arrivals that paxs go to departures?
Could be a lot of reasons he went to that level, maybe to grab something to eat, or talk to an airline agent about his flight home, or maybe he pushed the wrong button on the elevator.....

pizzaladee

I prefer departures. Hardly any traffic up there. The problem I find is that people select upper level, thinking baggage claim is upper level, since there is an escalator to go down. I will always text and confirm they are upper level, departures, before I go. Even that strategy didn’t work last time. He said yes. He was wrong. 😆
Post automatically merged:

Arrivals can be a nightmare when it’s busy. 4 lanes of people trying to find their passengers or loved ones. Traffic cops yelling and banging on cars.

Roger in Canton

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same thing today, from Smuckers in Orrville. Dropped of at #6 departures and picked up same spot! Both were mid-late afternoon. Loving the rematch!

Rosalita

Had my first Lyft ride to CLE in a few couple month. Yesterday got ride from Orrville to CLE and on the way turned on last ride (hate them adding paxs)! As I got within a couple minutes, I remember you guys talking about rematching, so I turned it back on. Dropped the guy of at #2 departures and before I finished got a pax at #6. Didn't notice till I was making the loop that he was in departures, no arrivals. Is it that messed up in arrivals that paxs go to departures?

Anyway he went downtown, I sent destination to back south. Got and Uber back to the airport (not what I was hoping for). So, Uber and Lyft were within $.30 of each other, but Lyft tipped. Not used to that!

I've had a couple rides now where the "turn around" at the airport was a pickup a pax back at Departures. The pax who are not from here sometimes get confused as to what is "lower level."
Post automatically merged:

Same thing today, from Smuckers in Orrville. Dropped of at #6 departures and picked up same spot! Both were mid-late afternoon. Loving the rematch!

I like it too. But then I wonder why those drivers are sitting in the airport que over on Old Grafton Road? While I'm happy to get the quick turn around ride, that usually includes a tip if from the airport, I have to wonder why Lyft is letting drivers sit in the que for hours while they treat us to turn around rides?

Roger in Canton

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to wonder why Lyft is letting drivers sit in the que for hours while they treat us to turn around rides?
I don't normally drive Cleveland, so it doesn't bother me that they are waiting. I'm guessing they need a rest!

czervik7

Many pax think the app sends them to the upper level. I always call when it says “upper level.” They’re usually there.

Michael - Cleveland

Frequent Travelers and people without baggage claim pickups, often request pick-up at departures because they know it's just easier.