Relocating to Denver area

Frontier Guy

Well-Known Member
Guys, that means a title change. And it looks like the Hub is going to be closed for The Med exam in the inspection till at least the sixth right? I just think it's weird that when I call support Uber can't answer my question about what is required unless I go ahead and start the process to change. I know the Hub would know, but they don't have a phone number so I can't call them. Frontier Guy, did you move in to Colorado from another state with Uber? So you know that I have to be registered in Colorado before I can drive for sure? When I Googled it, it's sad that I can drive on out-of-state plates for a short time. Why would Uber require that I register first when it's not even a state law to get it done before 90 days?
I've lived in Colorado since 1978, soooo. It's Uber/Lyft policy that your car has to be registered in the state you are driving/"home" in. There are some limited exceptions, but it's usually if you live real close to the border of another state, like if you work Kansas City, and live in either Mo. or Ks.
 

[email protected]

Well-Known Member
The vehicle needs a Colorado registration/plates, but your driver's license does not need to be Colorado. The insurance must show you as a driver. The information is here (though if you looked it up you probably will won't see the Colorado n information as it's a "generic" address):


Here are the details:

Screenshot_20200313-195736.jpg

Screenshot_20200313-195659.jpg

Screenshot_20200313-195705.jpg

Screenshot_20200313-195711.jpg


I don't believe the title needs to be Colorado to register it here as I never transferred the title to the car I had when I moved here. I believe I paid for a "VIN verification" in place of that. I can't recall exactly and requirements could have changed over the years. You should be able to find information on registration requirements on the DMV page.
 

[email protected]

Well-Known Member
Per State law though you have 30 days, after becoming a resident, to get a Colorado driver's license. Sort of hard to finagle your way out of that ticket, when you have Colorado plates.
Per Colorado law (not Uber requirements), you don't technically need to transfer your plates for 90 days, but have 30 to do your license. I almost got dinged for that after I moved here. I got pulled over the month after I moved (closer to the 60 day mark) for speeding. I was not the only one speeding but was the only one with out of state tags, which were still legally on my vehicle. I hadn't changed my license yet, the officer asked me where I was going and when I said "home" he thought he was going to get me there. He asked when I moved here and I said "last month". He ended up letting me go. I went the next day to get my driver's license and plates switched over. It's just easier to do both as soon as possible so it's done. 😁
 

yalluber

New Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #26
good luck everybody!...denver dick is back april 1’st from a 3 month vaca in fl....stay off the roads!!!

Oh well I just noticed dick. Is there a particular reason why you hijacked my thread to say that? How rude. Welcome back by the way. Maybe we'll pass each other on the road once I move there.
 

gmancarballo

New Member
Can you please tell me the rates for the Denver area?
Here in Louisiana it's currently .12/min and .79/mile for X and .19/min and .91/mile for Comfort.
don't do it, denver is now super crowded and saturated with drivers, 5 years ago was lucrative rides all over the metro area, not anymore
 

got a p

Well-Known Member
you're getting better rates than we are in louisiana. is this an old thread? driving isn't going well atm, you won't make much anywhere for a while.
 

yalluber

New Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #30
I just drive part time. Doing eats as well right now. I'm moving to the loveland area on the 1st. I can't drive uber there till the dmv and the hub opens back up, so I'm not really counting on it as income yet.

I know our rates are better and I have no clue why. It doesn't make sense.
 

OMG GO!

Well-Known Member
My first day driving was December 26, 2019. I'm platinum now, 4.96.

That's what I needed to know. Whether I need to take care of those things BEFORE I can start driving in CO. Like, am I going to have to go ahead and register my car, change my insurance, and get my CO drivers license BEFORE Uber will activate me there. I know about the background, and going to the hub for the inspection and med exam.
Post automatically merged:

by the way, I'm female. Nice to see a female driver :smiles: We are few.
I moved here from another state while already an uber driver. All i had to do was register my car in CO and get my insurance updated. Drove for like 3 or 4 months with my out of state drivers license. Uber doest, or didnt, care about that. By law you need to swap that over within some timeframe tho, i forget what the limit is. Only matters if you get pulled over or whatever. my previous state didnt require a med exam so i had to get that as well.
 

yalluber

New Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #32
hey y'all! I finally got moved to CO, have spent the last 3 weeks finding a place where I wanted to plant roots. So GREELEY it is. Moving into a bAdAsS condo on the 1st. Although I'm still fairly a new driver - joined Uber in December - I miss it! I'm looking at June for a possible start again date, transferring my platform to CO from Louisiana. I figured I'd let all the regulars get their groove going again and get their stuff done at the dmv and greenlight hubs first. Looking forward to driving the roads of God's country! It's SooooooOOO beautiful out here! Been exploring NoCo. Haven't even been to SoCo yet!

I'm hoping that this #$%&% virus hasn't put too much of a dent in our industry - I can't wait for everything to open back up!

Hope y'all are well. God bless!
 

graphicgenie

Well-Known Member
hey y'all! I finally got moved to CO, have spent the last 3 weeks finding a place where I wanted to plant roots. So GREELEY it is. Moving into a bAdAsS condo on the 1st. Although I'm still fairly a new driver - joined Uber in December - I miss it! I'm looking at June for a possible start again date, transferring my platform to CO from Louisiana. I figured I'd let all the regulars get their groove going again and get their stuff done at the dmv and greenlight hubs first. Looking forward to driving the roads of God's country! It's SooooooOOO beautiful out here! Been exploring NoCo. Haven't even been to SoCo yet!

I'm hoping that this #$%&% virus hasn't put too much of a dent in our industry - I can't wait for everything to open back up!

Hope y'all are well. God bless!
Greeley is the definition of bAdAsS. Glad you like it there. GL

Can you sssssmmmmeeeeeeelllllllLLL what da rock is cooking!
 

graphicgenie

Well-Known Member
The beef plant is shut down. so maybe there is no smell? The plant was infected with covid-19. Couple employees died
How are you all knowing 🌻? That's some incredible knowledge. I thought I was somewhat of a borderline beautiful minded genius. I mean I borrow not steal my neighbor's newspaper and he's like "hey where's my morning paper?” and I'm like.... "Must be I reckon those darn raccoons🦝 again.. no worried it will show up again eventually" 🤷‍♂️ and then I get popcorn ready to watch Kyle Clark... And meditate on Joe Rogan.🐒
 

105398

Well-Known Member
I'm hoping that this #$%&% virus hasn't put too much of a dent in our industry - I can't wait for everything to open back up!

Hope y'all are well. God bless!
A positive attitude is a good thing, however it's much far more than a dent: This is a full-speed crash into a bridge. That's the reality.

I've been driving three years part-time (now doing delivery after a couple weeks off to evaluate.) Driving evenings and weekends I would approximate 80% of my business is from travel and events. The other 20% are regular folks going to work and errands around town. My profitable rides are (were) families and couples on vacation, corporate travelers who want to chat or don't, and people in a good mood seeing a show, or going to an event like Octoberfest, Pride, or just random nice restaurants.

Unfortunately, travel (both business and leisure) and events (baseball, concerts, or simply nights out on the town) are not happening now or anytime through early summer. Or best numbers per air travel are reduced 95%.

Anyone still driving correct me if I'm wrong.
 

Daisey77

Well-Known Member
A positive attitude is a good thing, however it's much far more than a dent: This is a full-speed crash into a bridge. That's the reality.

I've been driving three years part-time (now doing delivery after a couple weeks off to evaluate.) Driving evenings and weekends I would approximate 80% of my business is from travel and events. The other 20% are regular folks going to work and errands around town. My profitable rides are (were) families and couples on vacation, corporate travelers who want to chat or don't, and people in a good mood seeing a show, or going to an event like Octoberfest, Pride, or just random nice restaurants.

Unfortunately, travel (both business and leisure) and events (baseball, concerts, or simply nights out on the town) are not happening now or anytime through early summer. Or best numbers per air travel are reduced 95%.

Anyone still driving correct me if I'm wrong.
iJE4t817Gg9UWCiI7j.gif
not to mention concerts and big event Gatherings are going to be pretty much non-existent throughout the year and they're already predicting a second round of this is going to be coming through this winter. Rideshare as we knew it will never be again the way it was
 
Top