Uber Drivers Forum banner

Regulation, Smegulation, Strangulation decal

Tags
wijg
2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  prk 
#1 ·
So now we will have to display a decal. In other words a target on our backs.
Why would you do that?
Received tonight:

Product Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

See less See more
#8 ·
Actually I think cabbies are over it now. Unless you own plates. It's Friday and Saturday nights drivers who suffer and if you look around its fairly obvious most Uber drivers are cab drivers working Uber part time Friday and Saturday nights that cause the problem for them. Day drivers earn the same as before and don't really care.

What you are now a target of is compliance officers making sure everything is in order and possibly police if stopped at RBTs? I'm just saying that as a possibility I don't know if the police are going to be given instructions to look for the inspection triangle. It's one of those things that is easily done though.

#4 ·
Not a chance. Not a snowflake's chance in my warm bed. :D
That is where my 'Babe on Board' sign goes.
All of my lucky riders know me as the 'Babe' from that and there is no way some government crap sign is taking its place.
The only sin sign that ever alternates with this one is my other sign - ' Baby, I'm Bored' which never fails. :D

Triangle Line Font Rectangle Parallel

#7 · (Edited)
uber take no prisoners when it arrive in to a new market,no one was ready for it but with the passing time uber can not avoid forever laws and regulations.
uber can only be a success when they undercut taxis and the drivers pay for it, there is only way it will end up,uber will be made to comply and the end result will be a taxi v.2 and if drivers are to pick up the cost .Uber concept is based on conman BS,it can only operate for a limited time till a "pyramid" starts to collapse

#12 ·
Could anyone point me to any information about what else we're going to need to show/do?

There are these Pv stickers I've seen. Apparently these are a state government inspection sticker?

Also, what have we got to do re: working with children/background checks and accreditation?

I'm a casual driver - 575 trips in 7 months. I love doing it. The passengers enjoy my service.

But completely confused on what looming steps need to be undertaken...

#13 · (Edited)
You do need accreditation. Get down there today if you can. Get the paperwork off of them and work your way though it. It is a 6 week wait for the appropriate clearances and checks to be completed.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place//data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ab0cf744da523f5:0x239ad049e8f51694?sa=X

Obviously the Riteway inspection or Uber will block you from the platform at the end of the month. ( Maybe?) Stop by Riteway or give them a call and see if you can get the inspection done without accreditation? I'm not clear on that.
No. Actually I am clear on that. Uber didn't send any information about Riteway to non accredited drivers. I would say you need accreditation before inspection.

#22 ·
My plates are absolutely crystal clear from front and back.
Do you really think pax check the number plates? do they stand in front of your car and compare the number to what they have on the App?
I have had pax get into my black caprice instead of the uber X white golf that is parked in front of me.

The sticker on the back of the window is not ideal but it will not create a blind spot on the front windscreen.
The stickers in a standard form would be absolutely pointless in the dark.
about as useful as the front number plate at nighr when the headlights are on.

#23 ·
Do you really think pax check the number plates? do they stand in front of your car and compare the number to what they have on the App?
I have had pax get into my black caprice instead of the uber X white golf that is parked in front of me.

The sticker on the back of the window is not ideal but it will not create a blind spot on the front windscreen.

about as useful as the front number plate at nighr when the headlights are on.
And the pax just looked at you and said " But I ordered Uber. Now where's the mints?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.