Regulation, Smegulation, Strangulation decal

Who is John Galt?

So now we will have to display a decal. In other words a target on our backs.
Why would you do that?
Received tonight:

Regulation decal.jpg

Chase.Me

Yeah, I got an email for that today. Looking to have taxi drivers become more aggressive in my presence.

I can see it helps riders identify us in term of pick ups, other than that, it's a huge target on our backs, or forehead, depending on where we have to place it.

Who is John Galt?

It is supposed to be placed on the lower right of the rear window.

Not a chance. Not a snowflake's chance in my warm bed. :biggrin:
That is where my 'Babe on Board' sign goes.
All of my lucky riders know me as the 'Babe' from that and there is no way some government crap sign is taking its place.
The only sin sign that ever alternates with this one is my other sign - ' Baby, I'm Bored' which never fails. :biggrin:

babe-on-board-decal resized.jpg

ST DYMPHNA son

uber take no prisoners when it arrive in to a new market,no one was ready for it but with the passing time uber can not avoid forever laws and regulations.
uber can only be a success when they undercut taxis and the drivers pay for it, there is only way it will end up,uber will be made to comply and the end result will be a taxi v.2 and if drivers are to pick up the cost .Uber concept is based on conman BS,it can only operate for a limited time till a "pyramid" starts to collapse

Last edited:

everythingsuber

Yeah, I got an email for that today. Looking to have taxi drivers become more aggressive in my presence.

I can see it helps riders identify us in term of pick ups, other than that, it's a huge target on our backs, or forehead, depending on where we have to place it.

Actually I think cabbies are over it now. Unless you own plates. It's Friday and Saturday nights drivers who suffer and if you look around its fairly obvious most Uber drivers are cab drivers working Uber part time Friday and Saturday nights that cause the problem for them. Day drivers earn the same as before and don't really care.

What you are now a target of is compliance officers making sure everything is in order and possibly police if stopped at RBTs? I'm just saying that as a possibility I don't know if the police are going to be given instructions to look for the inspection triangle. It's one of those things that is easily done though.

UberBENJI

Could anyone point me to any information about what else we're going to need to show/do?

There are these Pv stickers I've seen. Apparently these are a state government inspection sticker?

Also, what have we got to do re: working with children/background checks and accreditation?

I'm a casual driver - 575 trips in 7 months. I love doing it. The passengers enjoy my service.

But completely confused on what looming steps need to be undertaken...

everythingsuber

Could anyone point me to any information about what else we're going to need to show/do?

There are these Pv stickers I've seen. Apparently these are a state government inspection sticker?

Also, what have we got to do re: working with children/background checks and accreditation?

I'm a casual driver - 575 trips in 7 months. I love doing it. The passengers enjoy my service.

But completely confused on what looming steps need to be undertaken...
You do need accreditation. Get down there today if you can. Get the paperwork off of them and work your way though it. It is a 6 week wait for the appropriate clearances and checks to be completed.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place//data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ab0cf744da523f5:0x239ad049e8f51694?sa=X

Obviously the Riteway inspection or Uber will block you from the platform at the end of the month. ( Maybe?) Stop by Riteway or give them a call and see if you can get the inspection done without accreditation? I'm not clear on that.
No. Actually I am clear on that. Uber didn't send any information about Riteway to non accredited drivers. I would say you need accreditation before inspection.

Last edited:

UberBENJI

You do need accreditation. Get down there today if you can. Get the paperwork off of them and work your way though it. It is a 6 week wait for the appropriate clearances and checks to be completed.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place//data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x6ab0cf744da523f5:0x239ad049e8f51694?sa=X

Obviously the Riteway inspection or Uber will block you from the platform at the end of the month. ( Maybe?) Stop by Riteway or give them a call and see if you can get the inspection done without accreditation? I'm not clear on that.
No. Actually I am clear on that. Uber didn't send any information about Riteway to non accredited drivers. I would say you need accreditation before inspection.

When will this become effective?

I've got to say, the comms from Uber around this have been very wishy-washy at best.

Thanks for your help. Don't even know what Riteway is!

So, sounds like we need to go and get Driver Accreditation.
Once that is in, inspection with (Riteway)?

Total process about 6 weeks.

Got system and process madness with work going on at the moment too. Really enjoyable... don't know whether I'm coming or going!

Off to Europe for 4 weeks through October so would be handy to have started the ball rolling beforehand, and nearly resolved on return I guess. Appreciate your response!

everythingsuber

When will this become effective?

I've got to say, the comms from Uber around this have been very wishy-washy at best.

Thanks for your help. Don't even know what Riteway is!

So, sounds like we need to go and get Driver Accreditation.
Once that is in, inspection with (Riteway)?

Total process about 6 weeks.

Got system and process madness with work going on at the moment too. Really enjoyable... don't know whether I'm coming or going!

Off to Europe for 4 weeks through October so would be handy to have started the ball rolling beforehand, and nearly resolved on return I guess. Appreciate your response!

Uber are currently saying only vehicles that have passed inspection by Riteway or the Raa will have access to the platform from the 1st of next month. These are the mechanical safety inspections. New penalties that include demerit points for non compliance with current government regulations come into play mid October.

KenBruceHasGoneMad

Uber are currently saying only vehicles that have passed inspection by Riteway or the Raa will have access to the platform from the 1st of next month. These are the mechanical safety inspections. New penalties that include demerit points for non compliance with current government regulations come into play mid October.
Really, uber wasn't conducting vehicle checks, in Adelaide?....

Must get some wild uber rides there.

Can you get an illuminated sticker?.

everythingsuber

Really, uber wasn't conducting vehicle checks, in Adelaide?....

Must get some wild uber rides there

Can you get an illuminated sticker?.
Ubers red book checks are non compliant with rideshare legislation. Uber is going to comply or drivers will lose demerit points.

I don't think the Uber signage will be compliant?