Regulating TNP's at a state level

pizza guy

I would like to invite all TNP drivers from city and suburban cab drivers to ride share drivers to petition for consistent statewide regulations.
Although Chicago dictates the market there is nothing preventing other large or small towns in Chicagoland from adopting a patchwork of laws.
I would like to work with Springfield to address this problem.
Please give your feedback and if you are serious in addressing this issue feel free to pm me.

SEAL Team 5

I would like to invite all TNP drivers from city and suburban cab drivers to ride share drivers to petition for consistent statewide regulations.
Although Chicago dictates the market there is nothing preventing other large or small towns in Chicagoland from adopting a patchwork of laws.
I would like to work with Springfield to address this problem.
Please give your feedback and if you are serious in addressing this issue feel free to pm me.
What is TNP? Do you mean TNC? That's Transportation Network Companies. We, in AZ had very strict statewide regulations for the fare for hire industry until our newly elected governor suddenly changed them. Back in 2012 our exiting governor banned Uber's free for all activities and demanded all Uber drivers be held to the same strict guidelines as limo, livery and taxi. Uber disobeyed and continued operating illegally. During the last Super Bowl hosted in AZ a sting was going to be set up to catch all the illegal Uber drivers by AZ Dept of Weights & Measures (that's the governing agency that oversees the fare for hire industry). When our newly elected governor became aware of the sting operation he immediately terminated the Director of AZ Dept of Weights and Measurements and the sting was never enforced. Our new governor's 1st task was rewriting new laws and regulations to allow TNC's to operate. It's amazing because during his campaigning there was never a mention of Uber, yet it was our newly elected governor's primary concern. There was probably some post campaign contributions going on. I'm sure many other cities are the same. Just my opinion.

indytd

I guess until Aurora, Rockford, Naperville, etc try to enforce some of their own codes and laws for ride sharing not too many of us drivers will care. The non-Chicago cities will need to make a profit before they run programs that create codes and laws they will then need to enforce. Charge higher fees than the cost of enforcing the codes and laws.