Registration question

Peppa

Hi,

Seeing as there no longer seems to be a way to contact Uber with a question, I am coming to you all for assistance. Uber have rejected my new registration certificate and only given this explanation:

"We cannot accept the document is as it does not pass the threshold requirements."

Does anyone know what that means? I have tried replying to their email but it won't send.

Thanks in advance

Jack Malarkey

Hi,

Seeing as there no longer seems to be a way to contact Uber with a question, I am coming to you all for assistance. Uber have rejected my new registration certificate and only given this explanation:

"We cannot accept the document is as it does not pass the threshold requirements."

Does anyone know what that means? I have tried replying to their email but it won't send.

Thanks in advance
Peppa, Uber requires that the document you upload has 'rideshare' on it and the ACT Government no longer includes this word on the paper certificate of registration they provide you with.

But the relevant word does appear on the online version of the certificate.

Go to 'Motor vehicle registration and renewal' on the Access Canberra website. See https://www.accesscanberra.act.gov....otor-vehicle-registration-and-renewal#!tabs-

Then select 'Check registration details', accept the conditions, and input your registration number.

The type of car is highlighted. Select that and there is the certification you need to satisfy Uber. Right down the bottom, you'll see the heading 'Rideshare (Y/N)' with a 'Y' in the box (you hope).

Take a screenshot of this certification and upload it.

If you still have problems, head to the Uber office in Fyshwick with your registration certificate and passed certificate of inspection for help.

You also need to upload your mandatory (passed) certificate of inspection. Make sure you have a copy to upload.

Peppa

Thanks Jack, much appreciated. How do you know this? I wish that Uber would have at least one way for partners to contact them without going to a greenlight hub. I work elsewhere during office hours and can't get to one easily.

Jack Malarkey

Thanks Jack, much appreciated. How do you know this? I wish that Uber would have at least one way for partners to contact them without going to a greenlight hub. I work elsewhere during office hours and can't get to one easily.
You're welcome, Peppa.

I know this from my own experience and taking note of what they did at the Uber office. You shouldn't need to go in there if you follow the instructions I have given. Give it a go and see what happens.

Jack Malarkey

I registered my one yesterday and it got the Additional conditions print on it as a rideshare
Thanks, Ubud. When our lunch group first met with an ACT Government representative about issues facing rideshare drivers, we mentioned that dropping reference to rideshare on the non-online registration certificate was causing problems for drivers. He undertook to take up the matter with Access Canberra.

It now looks as though they did do this and that the reference to rideshare is back on the registration certificate. We have found the ACT Government people to be very responsive to our concerns, which is great.

Does the Uber system now accept the non-online version?

Jack Malarkey

I saw Ubud at rideshare lunch today. He confirmed that the Uber system now accepts uploads of the non-online registration certificate now that it again has a reference to 'rideshare'.