1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Refused to drive police officer because he had a gun.

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by simpsonsverytall, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I hear they have an attitude that is THEM VS US

2. Squirming Like A Toad

Squirming Like A Toad Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Bad idea all around. If he is a police officer, you are antagonizing a police officer. If he is not a police officer, you are antagonizing an armed person.

McGy├╝ber likes this.
  3. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Cops are people too, some nice, some not. Whatever the case, you pick up ahole pax some times right? So why would you not pick up cops? As far as the gun is concerned, they are licensed and trained to carry so what's the problem? I have way too many other things to think about to make this a problem. I pick them up, get them safely and comfortably to their destination and drop them off, I really don't care who them is.

Zoey jasmine and Cocobird like this.
  4. Cocobird

Cocobird Well-Known Member

Constitution applies to government entities, not private sector

5. Cocobird

Sure it will, can you name one single incident where there has been a shooting in a gun free zone, or cite any where that more gun control has led to higher crime, or cite a dictatorship that was pro gun control?

6. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

*blink*

Please tell me you're kidding.

7. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

You are right with regard to the 2nd Amendment -- it is a constraint on governmental bodies infringing on the rights of citizens. Most of the Bill of Rights is like that -- protecting the rights of citizens against the powerful central government created by the Constitution.

But that is not true of the entire constitution. Many parts of the constitution have been widely applied beyond governmental activities to virtually every aspect of American life, using the "intrastate commerce clause" and other approaches.

8. Josealberto11613

Josealberto11613 New Member

Lmfaoooo what was your rating to them. I rate them 2 cuz they wont let me speak!! Lmfaoooo

9. Worker Bee

Worker Bee New Member

Ha!

10. Lyftonly

Lyftonly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I always carry a heat when I drive. Never know when someone is gonna try to rob me or steal my car.

11. Driving and Driven

Driving and Driven Well-Known Member

If they're concealed, then you wouldn't know.

12. Driving and Driven

Driving and Driven Well-Known Member

Every school shooting.

Chicago.

Nazi Germany, Hitler.

LASAC_BER likes this.
  13. UberTrip

UberTrip Active Member

And you're a ******ed troll.
    I'm a driver and I drive with my pistol, OC spray, and a torch. Oh god Uber might find, and what deactivate me! You know, you likely have already taken passengers that had a concealed weapons permit and their firearm with them in getting in your car. Most people who carry a firearm for defensive purposes do not open carry.

You sound like one of those that talk trash about law enforcement all day long until you get robbed, hurt, or burglarized and then you're crying to 911 to send the police.

UBER has no legal authority to say I can't carry a weapon on me, or in my vehicle if I'm working for them. They can choose to end their partnership with me for doing that but I will never suffer legal consequences from them. Now if they have a sign posted in their office stating no firearms, this is a different scenario and legally I can't proceed on to their property, regardless if I have my concealed permit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Dback2004 and simpsonsverytall like this.
  14. UberTrip

UberTrip Active Member

Isn't LA crazy as hell regarding concealed or vehicle carry? I thought it was very difficult to legally carry in almost all of CA

15. Cocobird

Yes, using sarcasm

16. Dback2004

Dback2004 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber's policy, while unenforceable where carry is legal and the driver or pax is following the law (open carry or permit, etc). What that means as a driver is if a pax complains and they deactivate you, you'll have to fight them, probably in court under the silly arbitration clause, to get reinstated. And then try to collect for missed work (if you do this full time). Going to be an uphill battle.

That being said, there's usually a firearm in my car or on my person when I drive that is compliant with Iowa & Illinois law. Last I checked Uber didn't do background checks on pax and I've driven some shady people into some shady neighborhoods (damn Uber hiding destination until pax is already in car - less confrontational to take the trip than try to kick someone out in most cases)...

17. fickey mitz

fickey mitz New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    good on you. I don't let anyone bring ice cream into my car. whatever works

18. Lyftonly

Lyftonly Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Tell that to the thugs in Los Angeles , Inglewood and compton. Maybe they didnt get the memo

19. crazytown

crazytown Well-Known Member

Yes its called....Chicago

Zap likes this.
  20. Odinaf

Odinaf New Member

Not true, Or else your Bill of Rights would not apply to you by your logic.