1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Refused to drive police officer because he had a gun.

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by simpsonsverytall, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You are assuming the gun would have made a difference. Specious argument.

2. Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    Specious argument. Gun violence prevention laws do not Make a place dangerous. Nice try.

3. LASAC_BER

LASAC_BER Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    And YOU seem to have fallen for the fallacy that removing items from someone's path solves society's problems. It doesn't. At all. In fact, it exacerbates them. Why? Because people are not properly trained how to use or respect things that are tools. How many kids are playing M rated violent games? Or watching R rated movies on TV? Combine this with never touching a real firearm, and the second they have access of course they want to mimic what they see. Kids are mimics, that's how they learn. I was exposed to firearms when I was under 10, saw the effect of a FMJ that I fired from a rifle penetrating solid steel and digging the bullet out of a dirt bank...and have not once in my almost 40 years, had a single desire or thought of pointing one toward another living being. Everyone else I was raised with has the exact same story. It is about respect, and current society has NONE. Just look at media.

L2R
    Not what I'm saying.

Bo Duke, Xanvel and Blackout 702 like this.
  4. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

police are thugs and the thin blue line is a gang symbol[/QUOTE]^°^°°°^^^^^°°°°°^^^^^°°°°°^^^^^°°°°°^^^
    So which gang you going to turn to when you have to defend your turf and can't do it alone ? The gang that " collects" sales tax ?
    Or the gang that wants 50% of what you earn,if they dont just take your business and run you out ?
    And remember,when you call a gang for help,they call you for help. Doesn't matter if you agree with what's going on,you have to go.

Blackout 702 likes this.
  5. Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    Like " if You have a gun - you will be safe". Or safer.

Mattio41 likes this.

6. tohunt4me

Well,parachutes save lives.
    Now if someone off the street grabs one and jumps out a plane,it might not do him much good.
    Training. Training is key.

Xanvel likes this.
  7. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

the mere brandishing of a firearm can make all the difference. The fact of the matter is, she was not even given the chance or opportunity to defend herself. If you have a beef with the 3 day law, then take it up with the states who fail to file their records properly.

Bo Duke likes this.
  8. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    If he had a badge, what's the problem? Besides , is someone has a gun they intend on using on you, they are not going to ID themselves. This really sounds like you dissed a man who risks his life daily to protect you, and you wouldn't give him a ride. Most officers are good people, like 99.9% but the bad cops get all the publicity.

Blackout 702 and tohunt4me like this.
  9. tohunt4me

And signs do not make a place safe.
    A red light is for safety.
    If a criminal purposely drives through it and kills a family,the stop sign or red light has done nothing.
    Respect for life. Some people do not have it.
    People who lack respect must be removed. Not cars,not signs.

Bo Duke and Sacto Burbs like this.
  10. Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    Ya, it can get you shot. By your argument a toy gun would work fine.

11. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    actually didn't they prove the colorado shooter picked the theater he did because it was gun free?

To the anti-gun nuts that think more guns means more dead kids.. my kid is a better shot than me and knows how to handle a firearm (horn honking moment, he earned sharpshooter in scouts and stopped shooting before he used all his allowed shots because he had nailed it).. The only dead person in my house if there ever is one is the guy that made the mistake of breaking in while he is home. he's 9.

Guns don't kill people. stupid people with guns do. and that does include kids that are not training in the proper care of a firearm.

12. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Hey, at least you admit you're making things up, but don't drag me into it.

13. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Police rarely prevent crimes. They show up after the fact and write a report, and then you never hear from them again.

I thought the rest of your post was talking about cops, until I realized you were talking about the mob.

See the government is the exact same as the mob. Taxes = protection payments and the gov't absolutely will take your business if you don't pay. The cops are the goons. Their main function is revenue collection. I could go on. But you see now that our gov't = organized crime

14. Blackout 702

Obviously training is key, but would you train with a parachute and then outlaw them because sometimes they don't work?

Trafficat likes this.
  15. Sacto Burbs

Driving:
    UberX
    Any
    argument that begins with "if" is specious.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  16. Blackout 702

Um... no. Sorry professor. But any post that starts with "Any Any" is redundant.

McGyüber likes this.
  17. tohunt4me

" Brandishing" a firearm may get you killed too. You might be standing at a urinal 3 years later,and hear click,a hammer cocking back,steel at the base of your skull and someone you haven't seen yet asking " Remember me "?

Sacto Burbs likes this.
  18. Blackout 702

Yes, because that's how life works. Just like in a John Woo movie!

19. tohunt4me

I like to think of it as paying dues,to a club. I probably get more than my money's worth.

20. tohunt4me

That's how life works with crazy people.
    The EXACT kind you would have to pull a gun on. You think I made that story up or saw it on a movie ?( doesn't matter either way. You can take advice,or find out for yourself)