1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Refused to drive police officer because he had a gun.

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by simpsonsverytall, Jan 7, 2017.

1. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

You are confusing them with POLITICIANS

Xanvel, LEO2112, Happyhead and 5 others like this.
  2. UberBastid

UberBastid Well-Known Member

Yes, politicians are another subset of predators.
    Lawyers, bail bondsmen, IRS agents, heroin dealers, bankers, pimps, judges ... I avoid them all.
    I don't want to be friends with any of these beings, I don't even want to be in the same room.

I remember as a younger man, chasing pu ... um women. I had a probie gf take me to 'friends' house for dinner. Found out DURING the dinner that the guy is an IRS agent.
    I couldn't eat. Tried - couldn't. I knew that the food on that table was there at the expense of much misery of my fellow citizens. I couldn't eat it.
    I told them I was ill, and had to leave.
    I told probie GF that I didn't want to see her any more. Her judgement and taste in friends was suspect.

3. Damiannn

Damiannn Member

I'm really liking this UberBastid guy!

flipmoney likes this.
  4. UberBastid

UberBastid Well-Known Member

No, sorry buddy. In American English "peace officer" is an obsolete job description. It was accurate back when the USA was a free country. It is no longer used. Our cops do not ensure the peace - sometimes they do the opposite, they ensure chaos. NOW, they are income producing gang members - just like the Crips or the Hells Angels. They protect other brothers in their 'club' while generating money and further the exercise of power. They are gang members.
    We don't have "characters" working as cops here. We have thugs.

TwoScoops, Xanvel, Happyhead and 4 others like this.
  5. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

Dogs, including normal non-service animal pets, and dangerous lunatics are all welcome passengers for me as long as I get paid. I actually like the dogs.

I don't mind pax carrying guns.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017

6. MrA

MrA Well-Known Member

He could write you tickets while riding in the back seat. That would be a penile move, but I bet some would also enjoy doing it. Mods won't let write the D word , lame!

Happyhead and Trafficat like this.
  7. everythingsuber

everythingsuber Well-Known Member

Did you lock them in your room as well?

Xanvel likes this.
  8. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    NRA myth of the gun-free zone killer

"Among the 62 mass shootings over the last 30 years that we studied, not a single case includes evidence that the killer chose to target a place because it banned guns."

Use your brain and stop spoutting mindless NRA arms dealer funded propaganda.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    phillipzx3 likes this.
  9. Sacto Burbs

Sacto Burbs Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    And how many children have died from playing with a loaded firearm in the home of good people too stupid to keep their gun unloaded and locked up.

Oh, that's right, the gun lobby has prevented Govt from collecting and publication of those statistics. I wonder why.

More guns, more dead children. Plain and simple.

phillipzx3 likes this.
  10. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Let the drunken service dogs have guns too !

11. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

Hey after 13 years I have never refused service to a cop.because they carried........hell I'm NOT a cop and I carry so why can't pax in my car carry if their an off duty cop.......few of the best trips and tips come from cops

12. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

WOW, Just Wow at some of the anti-law enforcement sentiment from a few here.

13. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Unless the officer was in uniform, if I'm not allowed to be armed, I'm not going to take a plainclothes individual with a visible weapon in my backseat with me unprotected. I understand I'm sure more times than I'd like to consider, someone has been in my backseat with a concealed weapon. Nothing much we can do about that... but if it's visible, I'm not taking that chance.

If he's in uniform, I'd be ok with that but not sure why a uniformed officer would need an Uber...

If he jumped in and said "Follow that car!" Hell yea I'd follow car, i've always wanted to be in a police chase!

14. TBone

TBone Active Member

I don't mind weapons however people seem to forget that some "Good people" with guns suddenly turn into "Bad people" with guns. Many of the largest shootings have been committed by people without a record so how can you tell who is good or bad.

15. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

While there may not be "evidence" that the target chosen was a gun free zone, it just happens to work out that way, just about all the time. Purely coincidence I'm sure.

16. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

I invented an app, that would easily track "good guys with guns".
    "Good guys" were blue, "Bad guys" were red. I assumed this would be a big moneymaker considering how hot of a topic it is.
    I couldn't bring the app to market, because the "good guys" kept changing to "bad guys" and back during stressful situations.
    Traffic incidents, after the most minor of fights, domestic incidents, depression/suicide, etc...
    Too many "good guys with a gun" kept changing to bad guys whenever something stressful triggered it. So I trashed the experiment and I'm driving Uber with a degree in social psychology barely making minimum-wage...

flipmoney likes this.
  17. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

I just kind a want to be clear here. Did you cancel him because he was a cop? Or did you cancel him because he had a gun??

Because your post seems to be more bragging about canceling because he was a cop.

that1rowdyracer and Beur like this.
  18. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Another poorly written and therefore incomprehensible policy by Uber.

I live in a state where concealed carry is legal with a permit, and open carry is legal without a permit. Basically, any adult (with a few restrictions that apply in very specific situations) can carry a gun. Therefore if no one is permitted by Uber to carry a gun in a vehicle except when "permitted by applicable law," then all Uber drivers and riders in the state of Nevada may carry a gun.

19. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

OP followed up with "LEO not welcome if they have a firearm."

20. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

Let's be even more clear, did you see the gun or simply assume he had a gun because he said he was an off-duty LEO?

Bo Duke likes this.