Refused 2 rides last night... Not taking crap!

lyft_audi

Refused two rides last night... I guess I've had enuff of pax's BS?

Pulled up to a Dairy Queen... 3 girls and a 4 year old... I said "Do you have a car seat?" They said nope... i said "Sorry, I can't take you..."

I, of course, got much attitude and probably called a racist, but don't care... I just drove away.

Then, later in the evening, I get a ping from Steve 5.0

I get there, Steve gets in the front and 4 people are squeezing into the back... I waited until they were all in and the door was shut. I turned to Steve and said "I can't take 5... So one or all of you need to get out" they all got out, I drove off...

Luckily, I've learned to not start trips before I survey my pax... No ratings dings

I_Like_Spam

Ever refuse someone for being too drunk? I can remember twice with Yellow Cab doing that. Once over on the North Side, a fellow who needed help standing up, he was pretty incoherent - although I did understand- when I asked him when I asked him where he was going.

Barkeep asked what he was supposed to do- I told him that he got him that drunk, he can drive him home.

The other time over in North Oakland, they tried to load a drunk Pitt student who couldn't even sit up in my back seat. His coed companions complained, the cops were right there and told them the cabbie didn't have to take him.

I still drove the coeds, and they still tipped me.

Amsoil Uber Connect

I wish it was part of the law suit, that if we report a rider that in turn, the pax be told the reason why and they can not request another trip until they acknowledge the reason why the driver refused the trip.

"WE ARE NOT PAID TO BE YOUR BABY SITTERS !!! "

Beur

Had a field day last night with pax. If the cancelled on one driver we all accepted, called and told them we weren't coming. Girl at a hotel refused to to get rid of her red solo cup, driver cancelled and told us all, which was my next ping? That's right old Sarah with the red cup, boy was she pissed when she couldn't get a ride.

The Zello app works well if you have a good core group of drivers.

Adieu

Yep, both things are illegal and not worth the hassle.
Although car seats laws for short-range trips where the driver isn't a parent are bull

Should be freeway-only for non-parent drivers (with supervising adult in back seat next to kid)

As-is, the laws are ridiculous

Beur

How much of a resource/bandwidth hog is this Zello?
Not a hog at all. It really does work great if you can get a group of good drivers using it.

We use it for everything from general chit chat to warning one another of problem paxs. The best is accepting a ride from an AH and calling them to tell them because they were a Richard to Adieu i won't be picking you up. They then switch to the other platform thinking they're being smart only to get the same phone call.

Adieu

Not a hog at all. It really does work great if you can get a group of good drivers using it.

We use it for everything from general chit chat to warning one another of problem paxs. The best is accepting a ride from an AH and calling them to tell them because they were a Richard to Adieu i won't be picking you up. They then switch to the other platform thinking they're being smart only to get the same phone call.
Whoa....cool.

Except don't call, text. Never talk to somebody you know you're gonna frustrate, with the possible exception of wasting time and playing along about picking them up at misrepresented surged up location while looking at the timer sitting at their surgeless pin

simpsonsverytall

Got pinned just outside of a surge area last night on the July 4th surge. Was in a good flow and it wasn't far so I didn't immediately cancel.
Immediately got a call as I arrived to the pin by the Pax "Hey we're at Pub (insert well-known pub name that is right in the middle of surge here)"
Immediately put 2 and 2 together.
"sorry miss, you will need to cancel, I don't know how to get there". Then proceeded to wait at ping for a minute until she realized I would collect a no-show.
Then got a higher surge ping and chuckled because I know her re-ping would increase (if she didn't try a 2nd attempt at scamming)

elelegido

Got pinned just outside of a surge area last night on the July 4th surge. Was in a good flow and it wasn't far so I didn't immediately cancel.
Immediately got a call as I arrived to the pin by the Pax "Hey we're at Pub (insert well-known pub name that is right in the middle of surge here)"
Immediately put 2 and 2 together.
"sorry miss, you will need to cancel, I don't know how to get there". Then proceeded to wait at ping for a minute until she realized I would collect a no-show.
Then got a higher surge ping and chuckled because I know her re-ping would increase (if she didn't try a 2nd attempt at scamming)
I find that acting like an idiot is an excellent way of killing time in the countdown to no show.

- Hey, dude, we're at Geneva and Athens
- Oh... so you're not at the pin location?
- No, we're at Geneva and Athens
- Oh. I wonder how that happened. 'Cause I'm right at the pin location on the map and I don't see you.
- I told you, we're at Geneva and Athens
- So you're not at Geneva and Edinburgh? You dropped the pin at Geneva and Edinburgh
- No, dude
- Ok. Well, I'm on Geneva. That's a start, right? What's your cross street again?
- Athens
- Oh. How do you spell that?
- A-T-H-E-N-S
- A-T-E-S? What?
- A-T-H-E-N-S
- Oh.... let me look on the map; hold on - I don't know that one [Pause] No. I can't see it. You said A-H-T-S-N, right?
etc etc

MikesUber

I've learned to not start trips before I survey my pax
I feel like we talked about this, picking up outside Mad Mex in Miracle Mile or something similar? Assuming the people walking to your car are your passengers? Always keep the doors locked until you can confirm they are your passengers and they are fit to ride safely. They will sneak attack pax in the backseat however, just do what you did, the ride isn't starting until we have 4 or less in the car.

Ever refuse someone for being too drunk? I can remember twice with Yellow Cab doing that
Yep! Refused a group of elite private school CMU kids supporting a girl who was barely standing coming to my car lol here's the pleasant story:

https://uberpeople.net/threads/pax-told-me-to-off.72279/

Also kicked out a group trying to go 30+ minutes away with a girl in the back who was rapidly deteriorating. Didn't even make it out of the Southside. "OUT"

BWC38

Anyone ever have a pax try to have 3 people in the car for a pool ride?. Someone tried to do that when I already had someone in the car. Told them the max number of people was two. Cancelled. Got like a $2 cancellation fee or whatever the price is. Later got another ping during same trip. The pax that was in the car the whole time was getting mad but that's what happens when you want to be cheap instead of just going with UberX. I did nothing wrong

I_Like_Spam

Yep! Refused a group of elite private school CMU kids supporting a girl who was barely standing coming to my car lol here's the pleasant story:

The more elite the school, the stupider the students. Duquesne students are more ridiculous than the Pitt kids, and CMU students were always the most clueless.