Refining the technique

yomomma

1st day of driving and made $37 in 3 hours driving around randomly at night. Went to downtown LA for the hell of it - no pings - then went to Pasadena and got a couple.

Won't do that again.

Question: I live in the South Bay where there are a lot of bars and and few hotels. What times are good to hang out and see if I get any pings outside when the bars let out?

inthefoot

You should be busy doing uber in any major city in North America between 9 and 3am, Thursday through Sunday.

inthefoot

I rarely ever drive in the day time.

1. Too much traffic.

2. Not enough money.

You should be doing ATLEAST $100 8pm to 3am any day of the week.

Woon

UberLaLa

Work the Boost in the South Bay. It's one of the areas in L.A. that consistently have a decent Boost. That's it right now~

IMG_1273.PNG

yomomma

how do you get that on your app? I usually get the light red shade.

edit: . When I have been in those red areas, I didn't seem to get a ping, but that was up in El Segundo.

Travis -k

1st day of driving and made $37 in 3 hours driving around randomly at night. Went to downtown LA for the hell of it - no pings - then went to Pasadena and got a couple.

Won't do that again.

Question: I live in the South Bay where there are a lot of bars and and few hotels. What times are good to hang out and see if I get any pings outside when the bars let out?
Sit on the esplanade between Ave I and knobhill between 6pm and 8pm youll take them to drink and catch some trips to SM and Hollywood.

Btween 8 and 10 shorties mixed bag,

10pm+ bar to bar the later it gets drunks to bar bar to home.

DO NOT go closer then ave I to PV or you will get 24min pings on from as far away as san.pedro

yomomma

Thanks for showing the difference.

Too bad in the app it doesn't alert you when there is a boost.

yomomma

Makes sense.

BTW, why doesn't Uber simply raise the prices a little higher to give a little better payout to the drivers instead of this surge and etc.,?