Red's Taxi Service - Woodlands - Harrasing Drivers, Beating on Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtcunningham

I know a little bit about Red's Taxi service. The owner is an Ex-marine. He talks bad all other drivers. It is best to stay away
from him. He hangs out at The Waterway usually in from of Baker's street Pub. He hates anyone that competes with him.
If he is causing a problem, It is best to flag down a Montgomery County Deputy. Deputy's are usually out there on the weekends
walking around. I used to drive as a Taxi driver out there a couple years ago when he first started. He was an A**hole back then.

I know a little bit about Red's Taxi service. The owner is an Ex-marine. He talks bad all other drivers. It is best to stay away
from him. He hangs out at The Waterway usually in from of Baker's street Pub. He hates anyone that competes with him.
If he is causing a problem, It is best to flag down a Montgomery County Deputy. Deputy's are usually out there on the weekends
walking around. I used to drive as a Taxi driver out there a couple years ago when he first started. He was an A**hole back then.
Wow! Dude sounds like a real red ass.

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow! Dude sounds like a real red ass.

This cracked me up in real life, I actually laughed out loud.

Houston has the ARA for taxi's. Who issues the permits in the woodlands? Deputies dont have the power to shut him down, although enough to make him back off.

UberCadi

That guy is a true dou-che canoe. Hangs outside his car and chain smokes and sits on his phone. Used to have an old crown vic that was a huge piece of dung. Real inviting for the casual person looking for a taxi...NOT! I saw last summer he expanded and got some big passenger vans and hung out around the concert times. I would leave him alone. Trust me, he's not harming Uber's/Lyft's business - he's and endorsement. He's a poster child for NOT using Taxi's. There's another jack-hat chain smoker that taxi guy that has a small SUV. He sits IN his car and chain smokes. Yep...just the ride I want to jump in. I'm sure they do will with getting the drunks and taking advantage of them. Also guessing they get some good pukers too.

mtcunningham

Houston has the ARA for taxi's. Who issues the permits in the woodlands? Deputies dont have the power to shut him down, although enough to make him back off.
Actually, The Deputies do have the power to shut him down. No permit is needed in The Woodlands but if he is harassing other drivers, the Deputy's will run him off. I've personally witnessed them running off other problem drivers. Monkey county does not put up with any crap off no one because it's The Woodlands.

That guy is a true dou-che canoe. Hangs outside his car and chain smokes and sits on his phone. Used to have an old crown vic that was a huge piece of dung. Real inviting for the casual person looking for a taxi...NOT! I saw last summer he expanded and got some big passenger vans and hung out around the concert times. I would leave him alone. Trust me, he's not harming Uber's/Lyft's business - he's and endorsement. He's a poster child for NOT using Taxi's. There's another jack-hat chain smoker that taxi guy that has a small SUV. He sits IN his car and chain smokes. Yep...just the ride I want to jump in. I'm sure they do will with getting the drunks and taking advantage of them. Also guessing they get some good pukers too.
He drives old worn out retired Police cars that can be bought at an auction. He used to drive an old white suburban as well.
He will not hurt the Uber/Lyft business because he just sits out there waiting on someone to walk up that needs a Taxi.
God forbid if he does not get a tip. He would go postal. LOL. He would never make it as an Uber driver with the non-tipping culture.

Trebor

Actually, The Deputies do have the power to shut him down. No permit is needed in The Woodlands but if he is harassing other drivers, the Deputy's will run him off. I've personally witnessed them running off other problem drivers. Monkey county does not put up with any crap off no one because it's The Woodlands.

He drives old worn out retired Police cars that can be bought at an auction. He used to drive an old white suburban as well.
He will not hurt the Uber/Lyft business because he just sits out there waiting on someone to walk up that needs a Taxi.
God forbid if he does not get a tip. He would go postal. LOL. He would never make it as an Uber driver with the non-tipping culture.

Haha cool. So I can accept cash rides all day long so long as I have commercial insurance in the woodlands right?

I yelped the business, but not much came up. No reviews it appears, but I didn't spend too much time on it. Just some guy perhaps named Mo with his mugshot. That's not him, is it? Doesn't look like a bully from that pic. Looks can be deceiving, though.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/reds-taxi-and-shuttle-the-woodlands

You have to scroll down (not too far)

3 reviews that are not currently recommended

- This was a terrible experience. The driver was rude and it was an extremely unpleasant experience. The fare was expensive and he was late picking me up. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE.

- Unsatisfactory treatment, he was late, and very rude throughout the whole ride I do not recommend this to anyone

- The very best! On Short notice Ernesto not only accommodated me, but my 140lb pound puppy, with such professionalism and kindness. I am beyond thrilled I have found him and will use him in the future and could not recommend highly enough. If you need a reliable, genuine and trustworthy driver, look no further, you have found it!

presumably, yelp deemed the last one was fake

mtcunningham

Haha cool. So I can accept cash rides all day long so long as I have commercial insurance in the woodlands right?
No Commercial insurance is required. I can assume Red does not have commercial insurance. He does overcharge people.

You have to scroll down (not too far)

3 reviews that are not currently recommended

- This was a terrible experience. The driver was rude and it was an extremely unpleasant experience. The fare was expensive and he was late picking me up. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS SERVICE TO ANYONE.

- Unsatisfactory treatment, he was late, and very rude throughout the whole ride I do not recommend this to anyone

- The very best! On Short notice Ernesto not only accommodated me, but my 140lb pound puppy, with such professionalism and kindness. I am beyond thrilled I have found him and will use him in the future and could not recommend highly enough. If you need a reliable, genuine and trustworthy driver, look no further, you have found it!

presumably, yelp deemed the last one was fake
Commercial insurance is not required in The Woodlands. No Regulations.

mtcunningham

When I get back to Houston and back to driving, I have GOT to go hang out and find this guy. I would love nothing more than have some moron touch my car or try to give me a ration of dung about just being their. Let the fun begin!
Hit me up when you return. I can tell you exactly where he hangs out on the Waterway. I drive thru sometimes displaying my Uber and Lyft Trade dress smiling at him as I roll by. It makes my night to think he will sit there for an hour or 2 while i am getting pings.

Trebor

When I get back to Houston and back to driving, I have GOT to go hang out and find this guy. I would love nothing more than have some moron touch my car or try to give me a ration of dung about just being their. Let the fun begin!
Just order a cab.

Fuzzyelvis

If he's banging on cars and threatening they can arrest him for that.

UsedToBeAPartner

I hope my company keeps me working for many more months (just left CO and will be in GA by Sat and then FL the following week) but I have got to go screw with this guy. I may bring along the "tire thumper" I keep in the RV (looks like a small bat but is used to make sure you don't have a flat). Would love to have him approach me and touch me or my car. Thump, Thump.

Status
Not open for further replies.