Red light camera - Any chance to avoid ticket/demerits?

PZUber

Got my picture clicked today on the Red light camera on S Dowling st..

How accurate are those? IS there any chance of escaping the ticket and demerits?

anOzzieUber

Two chances of getting out of it.... buckley's and none.

Are you sure you are the one who triggered the camera? I saw a flash behind me several months ago, but no ticket ever arrived - must have been someone in another lane behind/to the side of me that triggered it. I was more than positive at the time I was well into the intersection while the light was still orange.

onthestreet

Got my picture clicked today on the Red light camera on S Dowling st..

How accurate are those? IS there any chance of escaping the ticket and demerits?
Received a ticket myself for a red light camera about a month ago. But I got off because I had a perfectly clean driving record for over 10 years. Just rang them and they sorted it on the spot. K*

PZUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Received a ticket myself for a red light camera about a month ago. But I got off because I had a perfectly clean driving record for over 10 years. Just rang them and they sorted it on the spot. K*
So what did you say when you rang them? Did you admit to it but asked for leniency? Or did you just say that you didnt do it?

Also did you have to pay fine or both fine and demerits were cancelled?

onthestreet

I told them I had received a notice in the mail saying I had been caught on a red light camera. I didn't so much as admit to it but rather acknowledged that they had snapped a photo of my car going through a red light. I don't think it really matters. I pleaded my case that if it did happen it was an accident and an aberration in my driving history (as evidenced by my 10 years of no demerits) and I was sorry and that I had learned my lesson to be more careful. So they waived the fine and the demerits and gave me a caution. But I can't get away with it a second time. K*