"Recording In Progress" stickers.

cdm813

Just bought a dashcam on Amazon, and with Mass being a two-party consent state, I'll need to get some stickers to notify a rider that he/she is being recorded. Ideally, I'd like them to be:

* vinyl "cling"-style (removable)
* transparent

What do you guys use, and where did you get them?

ubermaster5000

I just whipped this up in MS paint. Pretty amateurish but it is good enough. I laminated it and have it hanging on the head rests of my front seats

Attachments

• carsign.png
    carsign.png
    209.8 KB · Views: 180

E30addixt

I got mine at the dashcam store when I bought the dashcam. Amazon has a ton of them in different sizes if you search for "smile you're on camera sticker".

Robinhood

Or write it on back of Uber decal...comes right off when you put decal in glove compartment. Why is it a called glove compartment anyways? I'll google that next year

cdm813

This is an outward-facing webcam. So I'd only need those stickers if I want to record audio. Thoughts?

NHDriver

Just bought a dashcam on Amazon, and with Mass being a two-party consent state, I'll need to get some stickers to notify a rider that he/she is being recorded. Ideally, I'd like them to be:

* transparent

I use transparent window stickers, one on each corner of the door window and one on the bottom right hand corner of my windshield. I got them at dashcambrothers.com for $14

I use transparent window stickers, one on each door window and one on the bottom right hand corner of my windshield. I got them at dashcambrothers.com for $14
and have a small "dash cam recording" home made sticker in between my internal roof lites by the mirror.

E30addixt

This is an outward-facing webcam. So I'd only need those stickers if I want to record audio. Thoughts?

Video recording does not require notification in MA, so no stickers needed if you don't want.

Over 2k rides for me now, and I can count on one hand the number of people who have commented on the cameras. Only one voiced concern, and that was centered around not being on YouTube, he had no worries about being recorded.

Last edited:

NHDriver

* transparent

NH is 2 party consent so just make sure whatever you get is visible. I have the Falcon Zero360 HD. Most pax don't even notice the cam and my stickers are transparent and at night are never noticed anyway. Just have to have them by law in NH. Also NH does NOT allow a windshield mount. You can get pulled over for that. Just an FYI. I went with the mirror cam.

Tinuviel

Only have a camera on the front facing out so far (f800, really like it). Going to get the back camera for it soon. Not recording inside though.
Need a set of signs to cover my @ss for audio though - for now the audio is turned off until I take care of it. I like the quick verbage of Miles' sign there and will probably use that with a smaller picture, along with a few other bits of information TBD.

I want my signs to be less obnoxious than normal, as I don't want to detract from the look of my new car too much. Thinking I'll be custom making them :biggrin:

ubermaster5000

I made one on the computer and downloaded it to my hd in my stereo. Works great and easy to turn off when not driving for pax pickup. I use the blackvue dr650s with ir rear facing cam.
Love it. Discrete way for you to say to the courts "see I was displaying my recording" signs.