Recommendations for Food bags

Oscar Levant

There are a number of sealable food delivery bags on Amazon for sale. I need one that preferably has drink holders on the outside. Any recommendations?

Dave Bust

food bags are nasty and do you really think drives actually clean them let alone disinfect them?

Seamus

Metallic

I used to use those until some idiot broke into my car thinking it was a bag of money. I have been doing deliveries with no bags for more than two years now and no problem

Oscar Levant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I used to use those until some idiot broke into my car thinking it was a bag of money. I have been doing deliveries with no bags for more than two years now and no problem
Moral of this story is to, when exiting car, keep lid open and contents viewable. I have a camera bag which I use for sundry items, but since I don't want anyone to think it's carrying and expensive camera, when I exit my car, I always open the lid so the contents, the very boring contents, are visible.

doyousensehumor

There are a number of sealable food delivery bags on Amazon for sale. I need one that preferably has drink holders on the outside. Any recommendations?
20200327_110810.jpg

• $5 at Walmart, in camping section.
  • In stock. No waiting for shipping.
  • No logos means less embarrassment.
  • Insulated, but soft and collapsible. Stores away without using much space.
  • Cheap, durable, effective.

Seamus

View attachment 463800
  • $5 at Walmart, in camping section.
  • In stock. No waiting for shipping.
  • No logos means less embarrassment.
  • Insulated, but soft and collapsible. Stores away without using much space.
  • Cheap, durable, effective.
$5 is a great price. I started with a $5 Walmart bag. There are 3 problems with this bag which make it NG for food delivery.
1. He wanted an attached drink carrier.
2. It zippers and all zippers break so you will throw it out. Granted at $5 no great loss.
3. BIGGEST problem: All vinyl/plastic/foil lined bags (including the free ones DD and GH give you) don't do well with hot food. Because they aren't "breathable", if the food going in is too hot it will come out very soggy as if it were placed in a sauna.

I know most won't GOS but I list this just for the few who might actually care.

tkman

There is also a bigger bag like the Walmart one available at Costco. I like these for large pizza's and certain food situations. large pans need a different type of carrier though. Something like the one in the link above.