• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Recently passed my driving test and got myself a car

Arcane1729

Hi guys- new to the website.
Do I need a minimum number of years experience before I can start working for Uber? There is an option to bypass the PCO license on the registration website with just a standard license so I assume I don't need the private one?
Also it says the earliest car I can use is 2008 which is the one I have - if next year I presume this is changed to earliest age 2009- does this mean I can no longer drive for Uber anymore? Or is the new rule only for new drivers- so I can just use the 2008 car I own?
Thanks

Arcane1729

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the reply- given I want to work in Birmingham I looked up what is required and the website of Birmingham city council and it said : "Prove you have held a full driving licence for the relevant class of vehicle for over two years."

I'm at least 21 but don't have those years of holding a license. So I clearly can't get the PCO in Birmingham- but say if there is some place which lets me do the PCO with no experience. Can I use that to become an uber driver in Birmingham? Do you know of any places where no experience is required?

Arcane1729

Yes do it. It won't take long for you to find out whether you can get on or not.
Trying to book an appointment now in Birmingham but it says that there are no appointments available this month :confused:- none available throughout the whole of 2017...
Does this happen when they are not recruiting?

Arcane1729

Yes do it. It won't take long for you to find out whether you can get on or not.
Couldn't contact uber directly so what I did was call the driver of my last uber ride using the lost item button on website haha. he said they'd refer me to wolverhampton council and that I just needed to have passed my test was all- no need for the years experience but I needed to be 21 and only insurance would be problem. It's just that insurance would be ridiculously high.
Two drivers said this- I will go to the head office directly soon and ask.

One thing though- I want to buy a Vauxhall Insignia 2010/2011 for about £3500 - it's a hatchback- however on the webpage with vehicle requirements there's a star next to Vauxhall Insignia- what does that mean- it needs to be a saloon?

And there's the line for the specific car which is highlighted on the page
vaux insignia  star.jpg

Any ideas please what the asterix is ?- would really appreciate.