Receiving surge fares while map shows zero surge.

vivek shukla

I received multiple requests with surgethis morning but the map on Android app dint show any surge at all . However, ios does show for few moments.

Is anyone else having the same issue?
Screenshot_2016-07-01-05-24-40.png
20160701_052413.jpg

Uberdummy

Surge is a bait and switch sucker game from the get go. Never chase it. If you happen to get a surge ride feel lucky.

andaas

The maps are not shown in real time, I've noticed delays of several minutes between the passenger and driver apps. It's possible that your apps on different devices received updates on alternate beats, one displaying surge and one not.

vivek shukla

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber has officially acknowledged the glitch in surge heat maps.

How convenient that they manage to @@@@ up surge maps on 1 weekend where there was a possibility of making some good money ?

HotRodriguez75

Uber has officially acknowledged the glitch in surge heat maps.

How convenient that they manage to &%[email protected]!* up surge maps on 1 weekend where there was a possibility of making some good money ?
Not having a surge map is a good thing. Them newbie riders will not be able to swarm the surge because they will not know its happening. The surge will last longer. I personally think there will be less drivers as they are spending time with family and friends.

Getting surge is about predicting that is going to surge or positioning yourself close enough so you can jump in. The map is delayed a couple of minutes from the actual surge meaning if you are chasing that surge, you will probably be on this board posting about the surge being gone when you get there.

It's pretty simple this weekend. If there are fireworks, a lot of bars, lake areas, events, that is where you want to be. The key is to be where everyone else is not.

ExpendableAsset

Not having a surge map is a good thing. Them newbie riders will not be able to swarm the surge because they will not know its happening. The surge will last longer. I personally think there will be less drivers as they are spending time with family and friends.

Getting surge is about predicting that is going to surge or positioning yourself close enough so you can jump in. The map is delayed a couple of minutes from the actual surge meaning if you are chasing that surge, you will probably be on this board posting about the surge being gone when you get there.

It's pretty simple this weekend. If there are fireworks, a lot of bars, lake areas, events, that is where you want to be. The key is to be where everyone else is not.
This is all good advice.

tnkvick

Well now that you have told them where to be. ..LOL

HotRodriguez75

Well now that you have told them where to be. ..LOL
Technically not because every city is having fireworks, there are bars everywhere, lots of lakes, and plenty of events. Now he needs to figure out where drivers are not. I heard Sanger, TX is going to have crazy demand tonight. :cool:

KMANDERSON

Isn't that how most drivers evolve? I guess I will soon be a trolling other drivers posts when I evolve to a disgruntled washed up driver. LMAO!
Well you made a thread about canceling on riders when it raining 5 months ago,then you come here last week about canceling on riders for surge lol.

KMANDERSON

Isn't that how most drivers evolve? I guess I will soon be a trolling other drivers posts when I evolve to a disgruntled washed up driver. LMAO!
Yes I'm disgruntled lol,no reason for me to be like that.I just uber for side money,I don't do this fill time

Last edited:

HotRodriguez75

Yes I'm disgruntled lol,no reason for me to be like that I just uber for side money,I don't do this fill time
Good stuff. I am in the same boat and just trying to make the smartest side money in the least amount of time.

Fast forward to now, surge is a good strategy, canceling on riders - yup. Does it really get your panties in a ruffle because I said something 5 months ago and am doing things differently now?

KMANDERSON

Good stuff. I am in the same boat and just trying to make the smartest side money in the least amount of time.

Fast forward to now, surge is a good strategy, canceling on riders - yup. Does it really get your panties in a ruffle because I said something 5 months ago and am doing things differently now?
No,just calling you out on the .85 a mile driver you are