Reason for Dash Cam #1,488

financeguy13

Gee whiz that officer is crazy. Of course the driver should have mentioned the dashcam in the beginning but understandable to forget for a few minutes.

I bought a cheap $5 lightning SD card adapter from Walmart that I have for playback on my iPad in this type of situations. Would have started iPhone video and ended the dashcam video and played it on my iPad. Then have a recording of the officer watching the playback, LOL.

Silonite

Wow! In the long run, that recording saved him a bunch of time and hassle he would have ensured at the courthouse. Well...I'm sold! I'm going to setup an audio/video device asap. Thank you!!!

Mark69324

I wonder why he didn't say he had a camera and audio recording from the very beginning.
Honestly, it is smart to not mention it. That cop likely just did that to the car in front of him as well. You don't want the cop to know that you have evidence of the cop committing a crime. Unless it is live streaming, the cop can just take it and you have zero evidence. This is likely to just get worse from there. Always secure evidence before sharing it with a cop who is writing you a bogus ticket.

yoyolate

I have a cabin facing, a rear facing, and a front facing camera all recording on a loop as soon as the car is on. I've had too many "random" stops in my life to trust the popo

Uber Crack

Author
This is effed up. It's obvious the cop was confused though because another white car DID leave right when you pulled up. I believe he was mistaken rather than intentionally being a D head. Sorry that happened to you. Very frustrating.

Last edited:

yoyolate

What a piece of shit cop. Then again... not surprised. The pig says 8 minutes and the entire recording is not even 6.