• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rear window trade dress

Aredubya

I haven't received my 2nd trade dress for Uber or Lyft.

Just taking a poll.

How many of you got yours? Where are you putting it if you have tinted rear windows? Are they the same as the originals?

Thanks in advance

BBSHO

Got mine....but haven't put either one up, don't plan on it lol. And yes they are the same as the og's.

Gabriel Quijas

Still have not got mine in the mail yet. Hell not like the trade dress is every enforced here in town. If it was hundreds of idiots would get the thousand dollar ticket. Since people just put the stupid U anywhere.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

State Law requires it so SDPD Harbor Patrol.
State law has required it for about 2 years. Been pulled over 2x without passengers, and both times got a warning. Never looked or cared if I had a placard in my window. The only one that cares is the airport @@@@@es with the clipboards. They will rat you out.

I have literally never ran a placard except for air port drop offs. I usually have to dig in my glove box for mine and it's all nasty beat up looking.

Aredubya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just got mine in the mail tonight and realized:
no more bathroom breaks at the Spanish Landing without removing the rear sticker.
Gahhh
Can't afford the penalty.

JasonB

State law has required it for about 2 years. Been pulled over 2x without passengers, and both times got a warning. Never looked or cared if I had a placard in my window. The only one that cares is the airport *****es with the clipboards. They will rat you out.

I have literally never ran a placard except for air port drop offs. I usually have to dig in my glove box for mine and it's all nasty beat up looking.
Warning for what, and from whom? The airport police?

So the only time we're allowed to have trade dress displayed now is when pax are in the car?

If you're referring to incidents off airport property, can't you just let them know you
are working, but on break or something?

Beur

State law has required it for about 2 years. Been pulled over 2x without passengers, and both times got a warning. Never looked or cared if I had a placard in my window. The only one that cares is the airport *****es with the clipboards. They will rat you out.

It's technically not a state law, it's a CPUC regulation. Spoke with a local cop Saturday night, he found nothing in the vehicle code regarding TNC.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

It's technically not a state law, it's a CPUC regulation. Spoke with a local cop Saturday night, he found nothing in the vehicle code regarding TNC.
You are correct sorry for my mis information. You can be cited, but that deusch of a cop would have to be pretty bored for that to occur.

UberReallySucks

I blame all of this Trade Dress Business on the overzealous drivers who were just too excited to place a stupid pink stache on their cars.

Lyft2.JPG

Ubernic

I just got mine in the mail tonight and realized:
no more bathroom breaks at the Spanish Landing without removing the rear sticker.
Gahhh
Can't afford the penalty.
Why would you have to remove the trade dress for a bathroom break?

Aredubya

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would you have to remove the trade dress for a bathroom break?
There are signs there that prohibit Commercial vehicle parking. Look up Ubers airport rules.
I usually log off and take my badge down to avoid any tickets.