• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Rear seatbelts

janewalch

Not sure if any of you have experienced this but in my 2016 Honda Civic the rear passenger side seat and rear middle seat have their seat belt mechanism in the same spot. For whatever reason that cars do this, the mechanisms are reversed. I’ve had passsnegers fiddling with the seatbelts trying to buckle themselves in for the entire duration of the ride. It blows my mind. It’s really not that difficult. If one of the buckles isn’t working, search for another one. A lot of cars have the rear buckles that are reversed. Pretty much any baby boomer and older will struggle for a minimum of 60 seconds. I’ve had to help people buckle in. Anybody else experience this??

Cableguynoe

They always struggle in my car also.

I tuck the middle one in to make it easier.
If I get a full back seat I simply tell them it’s tucked in and they find it pretty quickly.

Another option if you’re a daytime driver is to label it somehow, maybe with color tape.
Then you can just say “ the red one”.

jlong105

I bought seat belt extenders due to the receptacle being flush with the seat in my rogue. This would likely help you and you can get them for like $20 on amazon.

steveK2016

Pax on the right rear seat occasionally have issues with the belt mechanism because it sits recessed into the seat and difficult to fish out. I'm thinking if ways to keep it propped up, maybe stuff a piece of cloth under it. The drunker people get, the worse it gets as I progress through the night.

Cableguynoe

Pax on the right rear seat occasionally have issues with the belt mechanism because it sits recessed into the seat and difficult to fish out. I'm thinking if ways to keep it propped up, maybe stuff a piece of cloth under it. The drunker people get, the worse it gets as I progress through the night.
It’s the opposite for me.
The drunker people get, the less they try to use the damn thing.

Cableguynoe

Um, no. I'm not sure why owning a car with modern safety features puts me into a "Prius Driver" group. But hey, if that's what gets you off...
It was a joke. Actually I don't think a Prius would have those features.

Calm down. Stop trying to play the part of your avatar character.

Transeau

It was a joke. Actually I don't think a Prius would have those features.

Calm down. Stop trying to play the part of your avatar character.
How about you stop spending so much time trying to troll me?
And yes, the '18 and up Prius has those features too, as does the entire Toyota line.