Rear Ended by Another Uber in Austin. Guess where he was from?

Yankee

Interesting thing happened Sat night. I was sitting outside of a club waiting for a pax, in an open spot, hazard lights on, when I am hit from behind. I get out and its another Uber guy who admits he wasn't looking. A very sweet guy, actually. Then he goes and volunteers to me that he's Ubering. I suggest to him - strongly - that he not repeat that again to anybody as we file the claim. I do not report this to his insurance, of course. He's cool, pulls out all his info, and lo and behold, the gentleman lives in McKinney, which is about 250 miles away, a 4 hour drive from Austin. I guess its possible that he actually lives in Austin even though he's got maybe his folks address on everything. All I know is I worked twice as many hours as usual this week to try and make my monthly nut, and earned almost half of what i usually earn. If the streets are over=saturated with drivers from other markets, it will be impossible to make anything more than cigarette money doing this gig.

Casuale Haberdasher

Interesting thing happened Sat night. I was sitting outside of a club waiting for a pax, in an open spot, hazard lights on, when I am hit from behind. I get out and its another Uber guy who admits he wasn't looking. A very sweet guy, actually. Then he goes and volunteers to me that he's Ubering. I suggest to him - strongly - that he not repeat that again to anybody as we file the claim. I do not report this to his insurance, of course. He's cool, pulls out all his info, and lo and behold, the gentleman lives in McKinney, which is about 250 miles away, a 4 hour drive from Austin. I guess its possible that he actually lives in Austin even though he's got maybe his folks address on everything. All I know is I worked twice as many hours as usual this week to try and make my monthly nut, and earned almost half of what i usually earn. If the streets are over=saturated with drivers from other markets, it will be impossible to make anything more than cigarette money doing this gig.
POST # 1 / Yankee : Patriots' Day Bison,
focused on Your User
Name, not the Topic at Hand, WAS ready
to answer: "Guy in a Red Sox cap?"

NOW you can say that You "heard it here
first": Emperor A••hat ($Billions be Upon
him) announces Rate Cuts to Eliminate
Drivers' Cigarette Addiction.

GDB

POST # 1 / Yankee : Patriots' Day Bison,
focused on Your User
Name, not the Topic at Hand, WAS ready
to answer: "Guy in a Red Sox cap?"

NOW you can say that You "heard it here
first": Emperor A••hat ($Billions be Upon
him) announces Rate Cuts to Eliminate
Drivers' Cigarette Addiction.
CH, what dialect of english do you speak? It's very unique, almost like an auto response script in a vague way.

Last edited:

Tx rides

CH, what dialect of english do you speak? It's very unique, almost like an auto response script in a vague way.
He's a technical writer for DIY electrical maintenance books!! In his spare time, he writes summaries on Senate hearings.:biggrin: