• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Reapplying after year long deactivation

Jim513

I was deactivated over a year ago (April 2018) after a driving record re-check.

I started Ubering in late 2015, but had horrendous luck with bored suburban cops with 4 tickets in 2016.

Coming this July 1st, 2019 my driving record will be:

> Dec 2016: one improper lane change ticket

> July 2018: one marked-lanes ticket (where I was in an at-fault accident BUT during my deactivation peroid by Uber, nonUber related accident)

QUESTIONs:

1) Does the 2018 marked-lanes ticket + an at-fault accident considered TWO violations with CHECKR???? Or is it just ONE violation?

2) Given my driving record explained above, should I reapply with Uber (checkr) shortly after July 1st????

Last edited:

SuzeCB

I started Ubering in late 2015, had horrendous luck with bored suburban L.E. with 4 tickets in 2016.

On July 1st, 2019 my driving record will be:

> July 2018: one marked-lanes ticket (where I was in an at-fault accident BUT during my deactivation peroid by Uber, nonUber related accident)

QUESTIONs:

1) Does the 2018 marked-lanes ticket + an at-fault accident considered TWO violations with CHECKR???? Or is it just ONE violation?

2) Given my record explained above, should I reapply with Uber (checkr) shortly after July 1st????

It depends on the insurance company, and how they figure it.

How bad was the accident? How much damage, total, all vehicles/property & personal injury in $?

Jim513

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It depends on the insurance company, and how they figure it.

How bad was the accident? How much damage, total, all vehicles/property & personal injury in $?
Both cars totaled. My 2005 Ford 500 (liability only) so no cost to my insurance. Other car: 2002? Mazda P.O.S. worth around $1700-$2000 tops. I did the owner a favor totalling their rust bucket hillbilly car, lol. No personal injuries claims I'm aware of.

Not understanding what insurance reports has to do with reapplying and getting reactivated (?).

Maybe Uber things have changed in the 18mos I've been in UberJail.

I thought CheckR only looks at my State of Ohio BMV Record. plz explain!

Last edited:

SuzeCB

Both cars totaled. My 2005 Ford 500 (liability only) so no cost to my insurance. Other car: 2002? Mazda P.O.S. worth around $1700-$2000 tops. I did the owner a favor totalling their rust bucket hillbilly car, lol. No personal injuries claims I'm aware of.

Not understanding what insurance reports has to do with reapplying and getting reactivated (?).

Maybe Uber things have changed in the 18mos I've been in UberJail.

I thought CheckR only looks at my State of Ohio BMV Record. plz explain!

Insurance companies seem to have adopted a policy of 3-in-3... 3 minor incidents in 3 years means they won't insure the driver transporting paying pax.

If U/L can't insure you, they can't have you driving under their banner.

The exception? A CDL and limo plates, with you paying for.your own commercial vehicle insurance.

They're doing it to cab companies, too.

That's for minor incidents. No-point traffic convictions and accidents with no personal injury and less than $no-one-knows.00. For major incidents, 1 can get you deactivated.

Good luck!

Ubergaldrivet

I started Ubering in late 2015, but had horrendous luck with bored suburban cops with 4 tickets in 2016.

Coming this July 1st, 2019 my driving record will be:

QUESTIONs:

2) Given my driving record explained above, should I reapply with Uber (checkr) shortly after July 1st????

Why would you want to do this again? My experience is they will not accept you.

Slim Pete

At least in NJ, Uber goes by the date of conviction, NOT the dt of occurence. This is for moving and non-moving violations (not sure how accidents work). This is, despite the fact that on the checkr report, only the dt of occurence is shown.
You will get to know the dt of conviction if you look at your abstract.

SuzeCB

At least in NJ, Uber goes by the date of conviction, NOT the dt of occurence. This is for moving and non-moving violations (not sure how accidents work). This is, despite the fact that on the checkr report, only the dt of occurence is shown.
You will get to know the dt of conviction if you look at your abstract.
Accidents go by the date of the accident. No other date to go by.