Really upset about this rating

Angiebeth33

I have been driving for Uber for a while and after 650+ Rides and ratings I had never gotten a 1 star rating and I only had 10 4 star ratings and 2 3 star ratings. I never had a 2 star or 1 star rating before I picked this PAX up and I was nice to her even though she was rude and messed up my car and her friend kept coughing on me and not covering her cough and I still smiled and thanked her and told her to have a wonderful day . And I have no clue what I did to deserve a 1 star rating. But now my rating has dropped to a 4.93 and it ticks me off because I try hard to keep my rating up. I remember her name and address now and I will never pick her rude self up again. I think we should be told why we received a low rating.

Soldiering

I have been driving for Uber for a while and after 650+ Rides and ratings I had never gotten a 1 star rating and I only had 10 4 star ratings and 2 3 star ratings. I never had a 2 star or 1 star rating before I picked this PAX up and I was nice to her even though she was rude and messed up my car and her friend kept coughing on me and not covering her cough and I still smiled and thanked her and told her to have a wonderful day . And I have no clue what I did to deserve a 1 star rating. But now my rating has dropped to a 4.93 and it ticks me off because I try hard to keep my rating up. I remember her name and address now and I will never pick her rude self up again. I think we should be told why we received a low rating.
Ratings don't mean S****. I've got 3k trips an a 4.87 rating. I get along with all pax but still have 7 1 stars. You will get more the longer you drive.

CTK

Sometimes you receive a 1* for no better reason than the rider is a jerk. Accept it, move on, at 4.93 it doesn't matter even a little bit.

IR12

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Ridesharing isn't for you if you don't remind yourself to tell yourself "I'm not the one with the problem".

Every day "I" make up "my" mind to have a great day. Then I execute it the best that I can.
Once a toxic person exits my vehicle, I let all the windows down for a few blocks minimum to allow the bad energy to leave.

Sometimes our best is not good enough for ungrateful, entitled pax unable to see the world through our eyes. Don't allow people to dump their garbage in your lap. If you do, once they leave you're still dealing with the negativity.

Wildgoose

I have read about driver can call help service to change the customer's rating you have given. Give her back what she deserves.

jgiun1

I'm still carrying a one star from an accidental start of trip....I even called called and said I made a mistake and started trip after getting frazzled from stacked pings coming in left and right from a very busy weekend night. I said, I'll end trip and give you're full refund back from my app and that was the only thing I can dI and even gave her apologizes.

Screw her and Fluber!!!!

RideshareUSA

You deserve a 1* rating because you picked her up! You are a valued, Uber Partner!

Michael1230nj

Just terrible. Very unfair. If you explain to Uber how concerned you are about your ratings , perhaps they will allow you to buy back the 1rating! Offer a few bucks! Then you will be the 5 star driver that you obviously are. We are Doomed! Uber is just way ahead of us.

Friendly Jack

I look at this a different way. Rather than getting upset about receiving the occasional 1 star rating, I enjoy knowing that my usual good level of service to riders and my resultant high rating renders any less-than-5-star rating completely meaningless.

"I think we should be told why we received a low rating", too, but I already know the reason why we aren't informed. Uber wants you to be fearful of the rating system, just as you have been, so that you'll unreasonably bend over backwards for even the worst of riders. You know, like the ones who are rude, mess up your car, and cough on you. Always remember that you don't get paid more for a higher rating.

JasonLV23

Don't be so hard on yourself.
Ridesharing isn't for you if you don't remind yourself to tell yourself "I'm not the one with the problem".

Every day "I" make up "my" mind to have a great day. Then I execute it the best that I can.
Once a toxic person exits my vehicle, I let all the windows down for a few blocks minimum to allow the bad energy to leave.

Sometimes our best is not good enough for ungrateful, entitled pax unable to see the world through our eyes. Don't allow people to dump their garbage in your lap. If you do, once they leave you're still dealing with the negativity.
Well said! If garbage is thrown at you then get out of the room away from the garbage! I understand it's disappointing how a 1 star can drop a 4.94 to a 4.8 or whatever but it will happen to you again and again simply because as already said some people are miserable JERKS! In the future when your instincts sense that one is about to get in your car before you start the ride trust your instincts and cancel the ride on that piece of garbage!

dnlbaboof

low ratings do lower morale and the cowards usually dont give a reason. When they start whining I stop driving, and hope others do the same so the whiners can pay more in surge pricing

BigRedDriver

Think I’m getting one today. It hasn’t shown up yet. Pax was being an A$$. Told them I’d appreciate they shut up or get out.

He quieted down but told me he was gonna one star me, to which I replied.

I just took $20 of your cash, 1 star away! I got better things to do then deal with you.

And off I go.

KK2929

The public does not need a reason to be mean. You are a hired servant for a few minutes. You will find types of people that will take advantage of that. I am guessing that you have NEVER ordered anyone out of your car when they act rude or inappropriately.
Try it some time -- it is very rewarding. In trips, you are still an infant. You will get many one & two stars for no reason. Do not dwell on it - it is out of your control. Worry about things that you can change. With Lyft, the pax reviews , the driver gets to read their remarks. 99% of the time it is a female in her 20's or 30's. Reading them reminds me of the ugly side of humanity.
Believe it or not, the two women were deliberately abusing you to see your reaction. By feeding off of each others behavior they get great enjoyment in seeing your discomfort and reactions. Next time, stop the car in a safe place and order them OUT - NOW.
Be courteous but firm. Do not get into a verbal pissing contest. With women - you will never win that battle.
Post automatically merged:

Perhaps offering Mints, Chilled Bottle water and a Limited supply of assorted Chocolates might help boost the ratings?
--------------------
???? LOL !! He has a 4.93. He will never see 5.00 again and is worried. I had a 4.93 once. My first day of driving -- after a couple of pax, my 5.00 was history never to be seen again.

Last edited: