• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Really? Deactivated

Jprime

Last night I was deactivated and I have no idea why. All my rides went smoothly last night, but after logging off for a short while to use the restroom when I try to get back on all of the sudden my account is on hold while they investigate a incident during one of my rides. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but I wonder if this has anything to do with the IPO bonus. Maybe they're randomly deactivating random drivers to save on some of that bonus money. But it's probably just some punk trying to get a free ride.

MOJAVE MADMAN

Last night I was deactivated and I have no idea why. All my rides went smoothly last night, but after logging off for a short while to use the restroom when I try to get back on all of the sudden my account is on hold while they investigate a incident during one of my rides. I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but I wonder if this has anything to do with the IPO bonus. Maybe they're randomly deactivating random drivers to save on some of that bonus money. But it's probably just some punk trying to get a free ride.
What was the reason?

GreatWhiteHope

definitely dont start talking about conspiracy theories.

Someone reported you for 'Drunk or Impaired Driving'
you're on hold for 24 hours - no exceptions.

that person is a scumbag
I hope he falls down the stairs somewhere and breaks his leg

This happened to me once -- by another driver that fake pinged me -- i accepted he cancelled and reported me.
i feel for you -- all u can do is wait 24 hours.
past 24 hours call uber -- and ask them to remove the hold they will if its not already gone.

Jprime

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

that person is a scumbag

This happened to me once -- by another driver that fake pinged me -- i accepted he cancelled and reported me.
past 24 hours call uber -- and ask them to remove the hold they will if its not already gone.
Thay haven't even replied to me yet hoping to hear something soon. This is BS I can't wait to be done with fuber. Going to reactivate my Lyft in the meantime.
Post automatically merged:

that person is a scumbag

Maybe that's it, my eyes are red due to lack of sleep paxholes. But I never drink/smoke and drive. I get offered every weekend shift to smoke and always pass.

Jprime

I got reactivated yesterday. The reply message I received basically said that after they investigated they concluded that I wasn't the right driver. So either the pax or the uber system I'd up, like when you get a call from a lost item from someone you never drove. When I spoke with the same agent later in the day she said she could tell the passengers weren't being truthful. Who knows what really happened, but I lost bar close on Friday and a whole Saturday because of it. I hate the fact that they can't tell who made the complaint or what was said.

iheartuber

I got reactivated yesterday. The reply message I received basically said that after they investigated they concluded that I wasn't the right driver. So either the pax or the uber system I'd up, like when you get a call from a lost item from someone you never drove. When I spoke with the same agent later in the day she said she could tell the passengers weren't being truthful. Who knows what really happened, but I lost bar close on Friday and a whole Saturday because of it. I hate the fact that they can't tell who made the complaint or what was said.
Why? What would you do if you knew who the pax that did this was? Would you go to their house and beat the crap outta them?

Maybe that’s why they don’t tell you

But it would be kinda sweet

Jprime

I understand why they don't tell us but that doesn't change the fact I don't like it. How can we defend ourselves if we don't know what we're being accused of and by whom? We are at the mercy of the investigators at Uber, luckily for me both times this has happened to me they have been fair. I wouldn't risk getting locked up just to keep ubering if I was informed on the identity of the pax in question.
Why? What would you do if you knew who the pax that did this was? Would you go to their house and beat the crap outta them?

UberIsAllFubared

Actually, they should tell us, and we do have recourse. The OP could then take them to small claims court for the money he didn't make on the days he could not drive because of the false accusation.

Slim Pete

I understand why they don't tell us but that doesn't change the fact I don't like it. How can we defend ourselves if we don't know what we're being accused of and by whom? We are at the mercy of the investigators at Uber, luckily for me both times this has happened to me they have been fair. I wouldn't risk getting locked up just to keep ubering if I was informed on the identity of the pax in question.
If it happens thrice, you get deactivated for good. Uber doesn't care about dashcam footage, and won't bother to hear your side of the story.
I know someone with 12-freaking -thousand rides, yes, 12k rides, who got kicked out because of THREE, yes just three allegations of drunk driving, all false of course. All 3 were by pax, none by police.
He went to the hub, tried talking to supervisor, manager, nothing. they basically say it is an insurance requirement that if any driver is THRICE accused of DUI by pax, he's out for good. No exceptions. The critical point is they don't even count complaints as a % of trips. Like this guy had 4.96 rating and 12.5k rides, yet he got kicked out for good. You might say, getting 3 false complaints in 12k rides is nothing. that's right. but uber doesn't care.
in uber's eyes, we are just ants, worthless ants who can be stamped on and forgotten about. they don't even perceive us as humans.
keep that in mind, and flatly refuse rides from ghettos, and use good judgement.

Jprime

If it happens thrice, you get deactivated for good. Uber doesn't care about dashcam footage, and won't bother to hear your side of the story.
I know someone with 12-freaking -thousand rides, yes, 12k rides, who got kicked out because of THREE, yes just three allegations of drunk driving, all false of course. All 3 were by pax, none by police.
He went to the hub, tried talking to supervisor, manager, nothing. they basically say it is an insurance requirement that if any driver is THRICE accused of DUI by pax, he's out for good. No exceptions. The critical point is they don't even count complaints as a % of trips. Like this guy had 4.96 rating and 12.5k rides, yet he got kicked out for good. You might say, getting 3 false complaints in 12k rides is nothing. that's right. but uber doesn't care.
in uber's eyes, we are just ants, worthless ants who can be stamped on and forgotten about. they don't even perceive us as humans.
keep that in mind, and flatly refuse rides from ghettos, and use good judgement.
Wow that's crazy, is it just 3 dui complaints or all complaints? I'm not sure what happened this time but the 1st time the pax said I threatened him and started drive before he completely got out the car, neither of which happened. I'm a 4.96 with 6000+ rides but I do realize the likelihood of no further complaints is low if i continue to drive.