Realistic Earnings Driving Part Time

Big GG

Hello Everyone, I haven’t done Uber in about 2 years and now I’m getting started again. Before that I drove 3 years and made good money, I could usually get $80-$100 a night Monday to Friday drive from 6pm to 10-11PM. Is this still a possibility with all the new changes I’ve been reading about?

john1975

Hello Everyone, I haven’t done Uber in about 2 years and now I’m getting started again. Before that I drove 3 years and made good money, I could usually get $80-$100 a night Monday to Friday drive from 6pm to 10-11PM. Is this still a possibility with all the new changes I’ve been reading about?
You should have no problem making that during those hours.

Big GG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! I’m excited to get back out there, actually enjoyed it a lot when I was driving, plan on doing weekends too when I can

BeantownZombie

You should make it easily. Problem is its addicting. Met someone yesterday does it pt and is thinking of quitting their job to do it ft because it's more fun than their current job.

BostonTaxiDriver

Thanks! I’m excited to get back out there, actually enjoyed it a lot when I was driving, plan on doing weekends too when I can
Enjoy?

That's not in the spirit of most on this forum, despite relatively healthy gross earnings versus most American cities.

i actually enjoy it also; as a result, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I grossed a pathetic $17+ my first hour after 1 a.m. last night, for three rides on a Thursday morning with no surge. That's due to the low rental rates on a Hertz car (I think), so you'll gross more if you own your car.

Yet I still enjoy this gig activity. Hmmm...
Post automatically merged:

Right now,yes, on making $25 per hour at night.

Once we hit June, may be some inconsistency, but still do-able.
Hmmm...reading the earnings from Boston drivers, shouldn't one gross $30-$35 hourly, minimum, most nights, even on weeknights, even before any surge or consecutive trip bonus, never mind quest? Most of the year?...

Last edited:

IMMA DRIVER

Enjoy?

That's not in the spirit of most on this forum, despite relatively healthy gross earnings versus most American cities.

i actually enjoy it also; as a result, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

I grossed a pathetic $17+ my first hour after 1 a.m. last night, for three rides on a Thursday morning with no surge. That's due to the low rental rates on a Hertz car (I think), so you'll gross more if you own your car.

Yet I still enjoy this gig activity. Hmmm...
Post automatically merged:

Hmmm...reading the earnings from Boston drivers, shouldn't one gross $30-$35 hourly, minimum, most nights, even on weeknights, even before any surge or consecutive trip bonus, never mind quest? Most of the year?...
It's funny how $30-$35/hr is hardly ever over a 10 hr shift unless it's on the weekend. Why isn't every driver working four, 10hr days for $1400 and taking 3 days off then?
I would only work 4 days if I was able to make $35/hr "easily" in my market.

Ihateyou

It's funny how $30-$35/hr is hardly ever over a 10 hr shift unless it's on the weekend. Why isn't every driver working four, 10hr days for $1400 and taking 3 days off then?
I would only work 4 days if I was able to make $35/hr "easily" in my market.
Uhh because you live in RI where Uber rates are disgustingly low.

BostonTaxiDriver

Uhh because you live in RI where Uber rates are disgustingly low.
Plus... he's renting a car, so his rates are lower for that NYC trip. I don't think he even mentioned the lower rates.

Not sure how much less per mile and minute, but it's likely significantly lower.

john1975

Plus... he's renting a car, so his rates are lower for that NYC trip. I don't think he even mentioned the lower rates.

Not sure how much less per mile and minute, but it's likely significantly lower.
Why are the rates lower. When I did my Uber rental I paid a flat fixed fee. Rates were the same. Does lyft do it differently

BostonTaxiDriver

Why are the rates lower. When I did my Uber rental I paid a flat fixed fee. Rates were the same. Does lyft do it differently
Hmmm...not sure.

With Lyft, I just learned last month via the forum ,that my compensation is lower with ExpressDrive. Not sure if it was so with MavenGig rentals. Had no reason then to wonder...though I've always grossed much, much less with Enterprise, Hertz and MavenGig rentals than drivers here with their own cart. Wasn't really paying attention.

Well, that's good to know that your brief experience with an Uber rental showed no lowering in rates. Maybe they're different than the other rental programs, but I rented an Enterprise Uber two years ago, and my gross still seemed very low compared to those posting here.

I mentioned recently that my South End to Acton ride at 3 am grossed $27 in a Hertz Lyft rental. Sad. A poster was surprised how weak that was; I'm sure he and other owners would gross $35 minimum on that (?), even with the pathetic current long long--distance rates?