Real work in austin to San antonio

Who's driving uber just because they can't find another job?

• Me

• Not me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hhggh

Seriously, get off my thread. Y'all are both losers for putting so much effort into arguing with strangers on the internet with different political opinions. Nobody wants notifications of your arguments, go into a private message or something.

Hhggh

Sorry but one person is WAY more of a loser than the other. Wishing ill will to others, claiming Obama not born in the US, saying Liberals are satanic?? Come on man...."blame on both sides" is a pretty stupid way to see what just happened. The guy is a sicko hater racist and you should be ashamed of yourself for comparing me to him. Also...it's not "your" thread. How preposterous.
I don't need to go into detail about all the dumb shit you said too. I read the conversation. Y'all are both being rude and immature. I started this thread to start a conversation about employment and y'all come here internet screaming at each other for having different opinions. You're not better than him. Y'all are both being nasty towards each other.

Jay Dean

Lol it wouldn’t be the internet without “de-railed” threads on forums. Expect 5 real replies and the rest derailed crap on any post in general lol

Jay Dean

I've thought about teaching English before, with a degree I think you can teach English online for some decent money from home, something else to look into instead of fuber

tcc83

Bottom line is that driving is a great job for extra money to meet your financial goals. You can drive just the busy hours and be selective about your trips. Do it full time and it consumes your life and it's easy to become bitter. I would take a crappy 9-5 job and supplement with driving before I tried to do it full time.

Yankee

I used to make more in a few days than I did in a year of driving. Better times are behind us unless you are involved in criminal activity or just really lucky somehow. Society is on a downward spiral and there's no saving it. Trump is trying to but look what he's up against, pretty much everyone with any sort of power and influence is opposing him because he looks out for the little guy, not them. I hope you all enjoy the last days before the world ends.
OMG LMAO

tcc83

I didn't read all of this because F politics. I think trump sucks but whatever. I'm never going to change anybody's mind.

OP in another thread you said you have taught pre-k. I work for Austin isd and know of job openings. They are teacher assistant positions that pay crap but it's something if you want to get out of your car. Let me know.

Hhggh

I didn't read all of this because F politics. I think trump sucks but whatever. I'm never going to change anybody's mind.

OP in another thread you said you have taught pre-k. I work for Austin isd and know of job openings. They are teacher assistant positions that pay crap but it's something if you want to get out of your car. Let me know.

Good choice. Lol don't waste your time reading it. Thanks, but I already have a crap paying teaching job :/ I think I feel like I'm getting even more shafted by that job than uber most of the time. :/

tcc83

I became an administrator to try to better my situation. It's still not easy in Austin and I have to drive to help myself. It does allow me to drive less and only good hours.

NotMe

="Hhggh,
There are several things, which you need to check if something does not work the way you expect. It might be just bad job market or bad resume or something you do wrong on interview. After all it is hard to expect from recent graduates deep subject knowledge since real work is way different then textbooks. It may be as simple as how you look (healthy, optimistic and friendly v.s tired and over stressed). Several times when company I'm working for was hiring candidates were rejected simply because they seems to be not interested at all in what they doing.

Hhggh

="Hhggh,
There are several things, which you need to check if something does not work the way you expect. It might be just bad job market or bad resume or something you do wrong on interview. After all it is hard to expect from recent graduates deep subject knowledge since real work is way different then textbooks. It may be as simple as how you look (healthy, optimistic and friendly v.s tired and over stressed). Several times when company I'm working for was hiring candidates were rejected simply because they seems to be not interested at all in what they doing.
Thanks for the help, I've already been meeting with career services and have gotten great feedback on my resume, interview skills, attire, etc. Those were the first things I looked to improve. I think it's just the field I'm trying to get into. I've starting applying to many more types of jobs now.

NotMe

Good luck to you. Hope it will all work well at the end. Proffesional help with resume also works to increase your chances. Have rest before face to face interview, relax and remember that not only employer choose whom to hire, but candidate also chooses where to work!

El Gato

I became an administrator to try to better my situation. It's still not easy in Austin and I have to drive to help myself. It does allow me to drive less and only good hours.

The fact that they take social security (one of a handful of districts that does this in the state) from us is big part of it of the crappy pay.