Ready to take on Uber via lawsuit. Anyone want to join?

DB2448

So I'm sick of not being able to see why my ratings are falling so drastically. I look on the app and it says 4.76 the weekly summary says 4.8 my Uber dashboard says 4.61 so I guess I can expect to get deactivated soon?

I don't drive a Ferarri. I've taken people on a few long trips this week, strike up a conversation if they are nice, and leave them be if they don't want to talk.

Took someone down to Sacramento from Roseville during a 2.1 surge. Even let them know about the surge so they wouldn't have sticker shock.

Today, because of the way the highway to the airport is set up, we ended up in heavy traffic. There's a Y section. Going right gets you into the far right lane. Going left allows you the middle and fast lane. I completely forgot about the set up because of how our wonderful city decided to seperately the highways. But that's not my fault.

I want to see what drivers are complaining about. But I can't because of stupid Uber privacy rules. They can see what model of car we drive, what we look like, and our plate #. Why can't we see what they look like to make it easier and safer.

At this point a normal employer would be preferable because they at least tell us ways we can improve on our work. I'm sick and tired of these so called robots from customer support wanting us to supply the riders with sweets at our expense.

End rant. I'm tired and just want to know what I'm doing wrong! Is it really that bad?

KGB7

Option 1. File a law suit and youll never work for Uber.

Option 2. Pay $50 for a 2 hour class and youll start of with a 5.0 rating.

Option 3. If you get a tingle in your pickle that PAX will rate you low, then ask pax to cancel because your app has crashed. Thus no bad rating for you.

William1964

I thought about volunteering to go see the class to find out what they're teaching.

The only thing I think everyone has in common its a safety/security issue. One if we cancel too many trips we get deactivated. Some of the vehicle code policy goes against state laws and vehicle codes one involves the number of passengers and the number of seatbelts.

How far is a lawsuit to get that fixed going to help I don't see it. There are these things called double dates with four people most cars only have 3 available seat belts.

So my specific complaint is probably more apt for the Labor Department.

However there's a domestic violence part of the court system where you can have the court ask a defendant to agree to stop the unwanted activity.

They can't break your legs break your legs if you do this on your own. You need

3 copies of your written complaint One for you one for the court 1 for the defendant

A cover sheet a summons and a sheriff service form available from the court clerk desk.

Fuzzyelvis

I thought about volunteering to go see the class to find out what they're teaching.

The only thing I think everyone has in common its a safety/security issue. One if we cancel too many trips we get deactivated. Some of the vehicle code policy goes against state laws and vehicle codes one involves the number of passengers and the number of seatbelts.

How far is a lawsuit to get that fixed going to help I don't see it. There are these things called double dates with four people most cars only have 3 available seat belts.

So my specific complaint is probably more apt for the Labor Department.

However there's a domestic violence part of the court system where you can have the court ask a defendant to agree to stop the unwanted activity.

They can't break your legs break your legs if you do this on your own. You need

3 copies of your written complaint One for you one for the court 1 for the defendant

A cover sheet a summons and a sheriff service form available from the court clerk desk.
That was a very disjointed post. Did you take too many Vicodan?

I'm totally missing whatever you're trying to say about vehicle codes.

Most cars have 5 seatbelts btw.

The ratings system with uber has always been my number two biggest gripe with uber. A lawsuit though, just attacking the ratings system would be so complicated. It would probably be more difficult than the employee class action suit that it's currently happening mainly because first uber would fight you tooth and nail just to get hold of ratings because they would say it's "proprietary" information. Then if you won that round in the courts they would then go to the old stand by that giving up that information would be a violation of the customers privacy. Then if you happened to win that, (and that would be a big if) I would imagine they would appeal both decisions as high as possible and with the customer privacy issue that could make it to the supreme court. Then after all that if you got the information from them you could start the lawsuit. That is a lot for a lawyer to take on with not much of a payout at the end of it all.

Hope for the class action suit to end with divers being employees. Then they will have to put some sort of standards to the ratings program in order to keep using it.

jo5eph

There should be a policy if you are gonna rate a driver anything less than 5 stars you should give a reason why. Kinda like how Lyft does. The same should apply for the driver too. Otherwise, your rating should stay a 5 star. On Lyft, I don't mind giving them 1 star then saying they honestly stank like B.O.